Singapore Travel Answers

change location
SriLankaEnjoy's Profile Photo

SEA Aquarium/Adventure Cove and Univ Studios

by SriLankaEnjoy Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Hi, We're Two Adults and two kids(6 and 3 yrs) and we need to cover SEA Aquarium, Adventure cove and Univ. Studios. Can SEA Aquarium and Adventure cove be done in one day? does anyone know whether kids less than 4 years are free to these? I have kept one whole day for Univ Studios. Is the bird park and the Zoo an amazing experience too? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: SEA Aquarium/Adventure Cove and Univ Studios

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM

if u set out early u can cover several attractions in a single day. Kids less than 4 is free. For sure the bird park and the zoo are an amazing experience. U may want to set a day just for the zoo alone. The night safari is nice too.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SriLankaEnjoy's Profile Photo

by SriLankaEnjoy Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Do you need to buy an additional ticket to enter Sentosa island even after you have tickets to Universal studios and SEA Aquarium?

Be the first to rate this answer!

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM

yes u do need tickets to enter Sentosa. But its pretty cheap. If u take Sentosa express from Harbourfront/ Vivocity the $3.50 ticket include Sentosa entrance.

If u stroll via the scenic boardwalk its only $1, and only about 10 min. walk from Vivocity.

If by taxi its $2 to $6 per taxi depending on time.

Btw, depending on which hotel u stay there is a free shuttle service to Sentosa which include free entrance. Check with your hotel.

Here's the link on how to get to Sentosa

sentosa.com.sg/en/getting-to...

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Most parts of your questions are already replied, but I just make a recap and provide some additional info. You pay the entrance fee for Sentosa as you use the transportation. A tour in the aquarium combined with dolphin show will take around 3 hours, but it would be wise not to combine this with Universal Studios. To have a full day in Universal Studios is perfect. When it comes to zoo and birdpark, I strongly suggest Jurong Birdpark which will take half of your day. I have visited Zoo many times both during day and night and in my opinion night safari is not that interesting. Your kids will be tired and perhaps sleeping if you choose night safari. You can check my Singapore page for many useful tips.

by SriLankaEnjoy Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Thanks a lot Murat and walkietalkie. But when i do more research I found the underwater world in Sentosa and the SEA Aquarium/Adventure cove. what would be the main differences? specially for the Kids, what do you think is better? Thanks again.

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 3:11 AM

SEA Aquarium n Adventure Cove is part of the latest RWS Marine Life Park, the newish attraction at Sentosa. The aquarium is supposedly the largest aquarium in the world. Adventure Cove is a water theme park with slides n such. Underwater world has been around for a long time now n is quite small but they have side attractions like swimming with the dolphin n diving with the sharks. Probably similar attractions but run by different ppl. If u are going to several attractions check RWS website because there will be discounts if u buy two or more attractions tickets so u can save a bit of money. Sentosa also has Playpass that allow u entry to to several attractions there including Skyluge, Segway, Wavehouse, etc., but will only be useful if u are going to make full use of it. There is also another kiddy attraction at Sentosa called Port of Lost Wonder, a popular kiddy beach club. http://www.polw.com.sg/ So looks like u will need more than a couple of days if u are going to try these all!

• walterwu's Profile Photo

by walterwu Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM

You might be able to cover both the Marine Life Park and the Adventure Cove within the same day. Universal Studio may require more then 1/2 day.

Mandai Zoological Gardens or Night Safari is adjacent to each other to which Mandai Zoological Gardens is open during the day and night safari opens in the evening. Focus on one or the other. You or your family may be tired after one of them.

Jurong Bird Park is on the western end of Singapore and would require 1/2 day cover.

Your children would love Mandai Zoological Gardens, Night Safari and Jurong Bird Park.

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM

i forgot to mention about the Park hopper tickets.. if u are planning to go to multiple parks such as the zoo n bird park or night safari, u can get dicount if u buy them at the same time. U can buy online or at the gate n they valid for 30 days.. zoo.com.sg/visitor-info/park...

by SriLankaEnjoy Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Thank you all so much for the responses. they were more than helpful. I will now do universal studios in one day SEA and adventure cove in one day and will visit the bird park too. cut down our shopping days to accomadate the additions as the kids would love it. Thank you again. Appreciate very much your advice. God bless you all.

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I hope you will have a lovely vacation with your family in Singapore. Regards from Istanbul :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Singapore Travel Answer Locations