change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lanef's Profile Photo

Orchard road Christmas decorations.

by lanef Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 6:41 AM

On what January date do the Christmas decorations on Orchard road get removed? I am planning to be there on the 5th of Jan. Thanks

more
    • TRAVELLING

by bizzflo Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM

How's much the taxi fare (ordinary taxi) from Changi airport to the Cruise ship terminal ?  Do I have to buy  any sort of ticket/ coupon ?

more
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

DayTour Passes

by Mikebb Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 6:01 AM

We will be in Singapore for 5 days early November. As we have visited many times over the last 30 or more years we would like a pass that also includes entry to the new gardens by the bay , Sands Hotel observation deck, Singapore Flyer, maybe a city lights tour and meal.

We visited Sentosa, Jurong Bird Park & Botancial Gardens during Nov 2011, but have never been on a harbour cruise.

We will revist the Botanical Gardens as I have an interest in Orchids and our Signapore Nov 2011 visit was to attend the World Orchid Show held in the Sands Convention Centre.

My wife would enjoy an afternoon High Tea, a traditional setting would be good, any suggestions.

We would like to purchase a 2 day pass which would include entry to various attractions, including some of abovementioned.

Also we have memories of Newtons Night Market ( food) from our 1984 visit and ask whether it is still worth visiting.

Appreciate all answers

more
    • TRAVELLING

by bizzflo Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM

How's much the taxi fare (ordinary taxi) from Changi airport to the Cruise ship terminal ?  Do I have to buy  any sort of ticket/ coupon ?

4 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Orchard road Christmas decorations.

by lanef Online Now Nov 25, 2014 at 6:41 AM

On what January date do the Christmas decorations on Orchard road get removed? I am planning to be there on the 5th of Jan. Thanks

3 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

DayTour Passes

by Mikebb Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 6:01 AM

We will be in Singapore for 5 days early November. As we have visited many times over the last 30 or more years we would like a pass that also includes entry to the new gardens by the bay , Sands Hotel observation deck, Singapore Flyer, maybe a city lights tour and meal.

We visited Sentosa, Jurong Bird Park & Botancial Gardens during Nov 2011, but have never been on a harbour cruise.

We will revist the Botanical Gardens as I have an interest in Orchids and our Signapore Nov 2011 visit was to attend the World Orchid Show held in the Sands Convention Centre.

My wife would enjoy an afternoon High Tea, a traditional setting would be good, any suggestions.

We would like to purchase a 2 day pass which would include entry to various attractions, including some of abovementioned.

Also we have memories of Newtons Night Market ( food) from our 1984 visit and ask whether it is still worth visiting.

Appreciate all answers

4 Answers Oct 31, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    • Planning a trip to Singapore Malaysia

by rvsetia Online Now Oct 28, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hi..
      I am planning a trip with my parents(around 50 yr old) and sister..I dont want to spend too much on travel packages..rather book flights and plan the trip on my own..i need to know everything that I would need to do,, like Visa, hotel stay, what all places to visit,means to visit them, how much time suitable for each destination, which month to plan, i am thinking of January 2015?

5 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Day Trip to Johor Bahru

by Mikebb Online Now Oct 27, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Will be in Singapore 2nd week of November for 5 days. We are a retired couple who have visited Singapore many times, most recent 2011.
      Considering taking the local bus to Johor Bahru for day trip , but have doubts as to whether it is worthwhile. is the shopping good or just low value clothing etc. Don't mind a couple of hours in the shops as my wife will enjoy and might pick up some Christmas presents for the grandchildren.

I would like to do some sightseeing, is there much to see?

We are from Australia and have been to Malaysia and Singapore many times since the first visit in 1977.

Appreciate all answers.

5 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 6:06 AM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

shave in singapore

by paddington28 Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 11:51 PM

iV'E BEEN ON THE ROAD FOR 30 ODD DAYS NOW,FLYING TO SINGAPORE TOMORROW, AM IN NEED OF A BIT OF PAMPERING,DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD BARBOURS WHERE I CAN GET A SHAVE AND HAIR CUT,I'M STAYING IN FURAMA HOTEL ON THE HARBOUR SIDE (NEAR CLARKS QUAY I THINK) SO ANYWHERE NEAR THERE WOULD BE GOOD!

4 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • taxi from juanda airport - surabaya to midtown hotel

by STARPARIS Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

hi
      I'm planning to travel to Surabaya in November and need to know how much the taxi fare from the airport to midtown hotel in downtown Surabaya.

3 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

tour guide

by paddington28 Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM

I arrive in singapore on saturday afternoon,fly out tuesday morning!! any willing local tour guides at there!! contact me in my inbox if interested instead of replying to the forum!!
      Kind regards,Ben

• Is S$1000 singapore dollars enough for 3 days for 2 persons.

by Adlon Online Now Oct 17, 2014 at 4:28 AM

Me and my friend are coming in next month Singapore so i want to know that, Is S$ 1000 dollars are enough for 2 persons for 3 days, Including hotel, like Amrise, or Fragrance hotel plus Marina bay sands, Skyscrapers, Sentosa and more...etc.Any suggestions.

9 Answers Oct 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM
    • BaldEagle46's Profile Photo

Singapore Must sees

by BaldEagle46 Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We have 2 days in Singapore (Feb.1-2)2014. Would like to get opinions on the top 3-4 things to see / do in Singapore. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

9 Answers Oct 6, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • BaldEagle46's Profile Photo

Cost of cabs

by BaldEagle46 Online Now Sep 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM

How much does a cab cost from the airport to the Mandarin Oriental Singapore ?

7 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 4:48 AM
    • Jazzop's Profile Photo

Family Friendly Hotel

by Jazzop Online Now Sep 28, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hi, I'm just looking for a family friendly hotel (2 young kids) for a few days in transit in Singapore. Any recommendations?

3 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 2:20 AM
    • return ticket

by ashashash Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM

i am travelling to singapore tomorrow my ticket is a 6 month return will i be allowed in . im only staying for 1 month with family then going travelling then go back to singapore for return flight is this allowed i just found out my ticket date cant be changed

6 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    • geylang road even lorongs

by M.R.Krishna Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 12:48 AM

some of the houses have boards like " club 36" "club 28" etc. what does it imply ?

1 Answer Sep 1, 2014 at 4:18 AM
    • travel companion

by alhayem Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hi
      I'm 27 years old looking for travel companion i will be in Singapore from 29th Aug till 6th SEP for training purpose, i have time i need to spend in fun and enjoyment
      Hope to find someone share great moment with him .
      alhayem007@gmail.com

• Airport Shuttle from any hotel in Singapore

by mygreatjourneys Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Can airport shuttle be booked in Singapore to pick up at hotel for the airport. We need a pick up at 5:15 AM. Thanks

5 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

How long to stay?

by seanmccurry Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Hi My wife and I will be flying into Singapore on our way to Bali. How many nights would you recommend. We like to wonder sight see in the day,party at night. We are on a budget so no expensive hotels. I saw a zip wire on youtube looks fun where is that please.

Cheers

Sean

11 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • dining in singapore, is there a good place for street food? staying at conrad hilton

by tominpalmcity Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM

is there a good place for street food? staying at conrad hilton

6 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Prepearing a Schedule for visit to Santosa Island of Singapore

by majsharifbd Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Hi, Can u help me making a schedule for Santosa Island, singapore visit? My questions are:
      1) How much time it would take to go through all the rides and events of Universal Studio?
      2) How much time it would take to go through all other attractions of Santosa island?
      In fact I want to explore the most for my family which include a 8 years daughter. But we will have only 3 days and 2 nights (3 Sep 11:00 am 5 Sep 19:00 pm). With your above information, I hope we can work a out a good schedule covering best attraction of Singapore

6 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    • Nighlife Singapore and Shanghai

by Eddieischgl Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 3:22 AM

Nightlife in Singapore and Shanghai with (international) visitors in the age of 30 - 45 years old.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • Travelling with Aged Parents

by Sansmi Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Hi , am travelling with my parents aged 70+ to singapore universal studios. Can you kindly advice what are the shows,attractions I can take them to there? The rides will be a strict no-no.Thanks in Advance

5 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    • trent_connor's Profile Photo

singapore with 1 year old

by trent_connor Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hello, does anyone have any recommendations of things we can do with a one year old? Also any recomendations for restaurants? We will probably stay in one of the Shangri la hotels, so will be spending a lot of time by pool. I read that taxis don't offer car seats so have to have the baby on lap?

7 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Day trips out of Singapore

by bean2414 Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM

My bf and I are traveling to Singapore in December and this will be our first trip to Asia. We will be in Singapore for 7 days and would like to take day trips to Malaysia and Indonesia. We would like to know if it is worth traveling to both of those places. Also any advice on where to stay in Singapore that is safe and near the metro is helpful. We don't want to stay in a hostel, but a comfortable hotel w/bathroom near the metro or walking distance from attractions. We have a US$600 budget total for the hotel stay. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

5 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    • Singapore causeway morning rush hour

by singtraveler Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 5:42 AM

I will be traveling from KL to Singapore on an overnight bus. I should be approaching customs/the Singapore causeway around 6am. When is the morning rush hour on the causeway heading into Singapore? Will I hit it around 6am?

4 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • anne.thokchom's Profile Photo

Is S$900 enough for solo traveler- 7 days

by anne.thokchom Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 4:59 AM

Hi Everyone,
      I am travelling to Singapore in the month of August.
      Flights and Hostel Done.
      Is S$900 enough for sight seeing, food (at decent place, food court and hawkers) and little bit of shopping.

Also, I am a student so, where all will I get student discount?
      I would also appreciate if you guide me with things must to do. Places to be and avoid, What to eat and shop.
      Actually, any kind of info is helpful.

Thanks in Advance,
      Anne

11 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • Bus or taxi to legoland return

by angehawk Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 12:50 AM

which is the better option? If you get a cross border taxi do you have to book them to take you back or is there a taxi rank @ legoland

6 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • Letter of Introduction for Tourist Visa

by JamesFoster Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 4:35 AM

Can a hotel sign the LOI required for Singapore Tourist Visa, as I do not have any friend/acquaintance who can sign one for me?

7 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM
    • rinandonotopo's Profile Photo

how long will it take from changi airport to Sentosa ?

by rinandonotopo Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Hi, I'd like to ask about the MRT vs taxi ? Which one is faster to go to Sentosa by MRT or by taxi ? and how about the cost for the taxi ? Because i'll be arrive at changi at 9.00 and plan to go to USS on the same day. Which one is faster to save the time? Will it be enough to go to USS for only 1 day. thanks.

5 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 6:14 PM
    • rinandonotopo's Profile Photo

hotel in singapore with an easy place to find food and near shopping center.

by rinandonotopo Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Hi.. I'd like to ask about hotel in Singapore which are easy to find a place to eat and near shopping center too. Budget for hotel around 100 SGD, not more than 130 SGD.
      Thanks in advance.

20 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Travelling to Malaysia and Singapore

by syedmhasany Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Dear I am planning to travel Singapore, Malaysia and Australia in coming July and Aug. I have following Question

Being Canadian, Can I travel from Singapore to Malaysia in Train or Buses stay there for 5 to 7 days and return to Singapore before to take onward flight to Sydney. Is there any restriction (U turn policy) or Visa Issue. I believe any Visa if required can be obtained on crossing Border and fee can be paid in either local currency or in US $. Further I would stay in Australia for another two weeks before get back to Singapore to take my returned flight to my destination. to be honest, to safe precious $, I am intending to buy two tickets, on is to and from Singapore to my home town and another one with low cost budget airline from Singapore to Sydney and back. Is there any problem I would face at any airport or crossing considering split in tickets on immigration, visa, etc. Pl share and guide

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 6:55 AM