Singapore Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation in Singapore

by lisaskye Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Hi All

I am travelling with my husband and another male friend hoping to be in singapore from 16th September and fly home on 23rd September.

We are looking at cheap and cheerful accommodation, i.e. own bathroom, clean room, dont want anything fancy, dont need pools etc.

Anyone have some ideas on where we can stay that fits the above. Wanting to stay near a MRT station and we will be going to the GP.

Happy to walk around and see the city, just want something nice and clean, can be small, we only want it to sleep in.

Thanks again

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • wabat's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Singapore

by wabat Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Hi and welcome to VT.

Try this one out It ticks all you boxes . They used to have rates online but I see not there anymore.

It is very affordable for SG. I had triple room here and although small it was fine as we really only used it for sleeping.

Couple of hundred meters walk from Bugis MTR. Has a fantastic temple next door and no you don't hear it in room! ( our room overlooked it).

Their rates used to include basic breakfast -adequate to get you going in a city where getting good food is no challenge.

Book ASAP as its popular.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wabat's Profile Photo

by wabat Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Whoops and the website is :

http://www.seahotel.com.sg/

• cablink1962's Profile Photo

by cablink1962 Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 2:12 AM

well you may try v hotel, fragrance hotel and hotel 81 all located near
    lavender mrt station and is quite accessible to town area. prices range from
    approx120 to150 per room nite on twin sharing. it is near to the gp circuit as well but you need to take cab which is relatively cheap in singapore and it will cost you around10.00 to get there.

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

take note that during the GP period hotel room rates will be much higher, so its is advisable to book now.

• eagerexplorer's Profile Photo

by eagerexplorer Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Hi,

I was in Singapore with my family in May last year. We stayed in Value Hotel Thomson.

It's not connected to an MRT station, but there's a bus stop very near the hotel which will take you to the MRT in about 5 minutes. It has very good value for money.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

• wwroam's Profile Photo

by wwroam Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Of the GPs that I have attended, as a package, Singapore is the most expensive. the cost of hotels can rise dramatically during the weekend, particularly in the City Hall/Marina Bay areas, partly because of a30% government surcharge in those areas but also because hotels take advantage of demand. The General Admission areas offer poor viewing and for the stands, you get what you pay for for. Turns1 & 2 are the best and are very expensive.
    In 2009 I stayed at the Fragrance Emerald. It was relatively inexpensive, comfortable enough, and a 10 min walk to Kallang MRT, which conveniently was where the free bus shuttle operated to Gate 1 for access to Turn 1 stand. It is at the fringe of Geylang, Singapore's red light area, but is still fairly tame. In 2010, I stayed at the Peranakan hotel in Katong. Slightly more expensive, very tiny room, interesting gentrifying neighborhood, but a No. 10 bus ride to Dakota MRT and MRT to City Hall. That year I was in the Stamford stand. not the greatest of views but in the bottom rows of the stand, unbelievably close to the cars.
    overall, a favorable experience for me. If you go to Tripadvisor, Singapore Forum, frequently asked questions, Mankster has written the definitive how to , of the Singapore F1.

• s21's Profile Photo

by s21 Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I have not done this elsewhere, but I stayed a few nights at the YMCA in Singapore. This was a couple of year ago but it was cheap, reasonable size, own bathroom and just very plain. But not dirty, unsafe or anything like that. The location was great - just near Orchard Rd.

• Strikinsmile's Profile Photo

by Strikinsmile Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Fragrance Hotel in Bugis. It's central and is walking distance to MRT. Value Hotel along Balestier is decent. It may not be walking distance to an MRT station but it's got buses that can take you to central parts of Singapore. It's a convenient location in the city.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines