Singapore Travel Answers

change location
mehulraj's Profile Photo

Discount on Electronics

by mehulraj Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I will be travelling to singapore frequently in nxt 5 months.I wanted to know when i will get better discounts on electronics,
My experience is I got it in mustafa during diwali-(oct-nov) and chinese new year and christmas is also big festival but i didnt see any discounts during these two festival.I went to funan and orchard road during chinese new year day prices were same all over no discount.
thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Re: Discount on Electronics

by sheherezad Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Do check if electronics items are dutiable in SG in the first place??

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walterwu's Profile Photo

by walterwu Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM

There are 4 times in a year when IT Electronics stuffs are relatively cheaper then normal. These are electronics fairs like ITShow, PC Show, Comex and Sitex. They are normally held during the local holidays term breaks. These shows are normally 4 days per show with the largest discount on the last day (which is usually a Sunday).

The next show is Comex which is 1-Sep-2011 to 4-Sep-2011. During these shows, a number of freebies are bundled with the product and the prices are better. All major brands exhibit their wares during that period.

Alternatively, you can head for Sim Lim Square and you can get a feel of true pricing from pricelist downloads at http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg. One word of caution though. Avoid any shops on the 1st and 2nd level.

The other place is Funan Centre in the heart of town.

For the locals, besides Sim Lim Square, we tends to patronise electronics stores like Courts, Harvey Normal, Gain City and Best Denki which have stores in most sub-urban housing areas. Prices are a little higher compared to Sim Lim Square.

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

by JaneCajuguiran Online Now Aug 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM

We like going to Funan than to Sim Lim Square. I think the vendors there are more polite. The prices are just as much as Sim Lim Square too.

• Hyder25's Profile Photo

by Hyder25 Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I would advise for you to skip Sim Lim square, there are other places where u can get electronic products at a better price. You may wish to try Challenger at Funan, it is now 24 hours. Convenient for you if you have spent the day travelling and do ur shopping at nite. But do take note of the last operating hours of the public transportation ie buses and the trains(mrt).
    What sort of electronic equipments are u looking for?
    You may also try Audio House #01-50/51, Liang Court Shopping Centre(next to Clarke Quay), Tel: 6336 7177

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines