Singapore Travel Answers

change location

Changi Airport

by Jamez Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 3:59 AM

Hello V'Ter's,

I hope you can help me.

I'm looking to Fly with Qantas into Singapore landing @ 22:00pm, then transfer to an Emirates Airlines aircraft departing 1:20am. From your experience do I have to clear Customs or just transfer via transit. I beleive 3 hours in plenty of time to complete either.

Does the Singaporean customs operate well?

Thanks in advance, Jamez.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • airbrush's Profile Photo

Re: Changi Airport

by airbrush Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Dear Jamez you need not to worry at all, Singapore customs is one of most efficient in the world. You land at 2200hr and connect flights at 0130hr is more than enough for you to shop in the airport provided the flight you took did delay in landing. Safe trip and best of luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chrisbilal's Profile Photo

by chrisbilal Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Changi airport is amazing and Singapore is a model of efficiency. You will be just fine.

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

by swissfondue Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 7:41 AM

You shouldnt need to clear customs as you have an onward flight but Qantas are not affiliated with Emirates so you will probably need to re-check your luggage and collect a new boarding pass from the Emirates counter. Emirates Airlines Customer Service would be able to advise if this is the case.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

by cochinjew Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 8:33 AM

The best thing about Singapour is its airport and its airline. You will have no worries. there are all sorts of amenities, including free wifi and internet. and cafes and lounges.. enjoy the best of singapour..

• al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Hi,

Singapore airport (Changi) is large but well signed and easy to find your way around. If you are not leaving the airport you will not need to go through customs although you will need recheck your bags and to go through a baggage check. You should have plenty of time to do this as well as explore a bit of the airport (providing your inward plane is not delayed). Enjoy your travels.

• Re: Changi Airport

by Jamez Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Thank you all for your informative information!

Bon voyage!!!

Jamez.

• albaaust's Profile Photo

by albaaust Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Hi James..

You will have to check out when you land and then go back in to the Emirates counter but it won't take long. The airport staff are very efficient.

we love Changhi transit airport..it is huge, lots of different duty free, restaurants etc.

Check out http://www.changiairport.com/

Also, not sure where you are flying but you will find apart from Dubai that cosmetics etc are cheapest at Nuance Watson which has a number of stores in the terminals. Again, check out the website for products and prices. We always stock up on our way home.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines