Singapore Travel Answers

change location

Tour of the container port(s)

by alfredpa Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM

My son (14) and I will be visiting Singapore for vacation in early January. Are there any tours of the container ports, or any museums related to the history and operation of the ports?

Thanks,

alfredpa, USA

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

Re: Tour of the container port(s)

by aletaj. Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM

This is a good question alfredpa.
    .. generally they don't allow visitors in the container port because it is a hard hat area...
    looking forward to any information on this as well..
    Thanks.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM

No u can't go into the port. But if u go to Singapore Yacht Club the port is practically next to it and u can see the port pretty close up..

Another way is to take the 2-hr chinese junk cruise from Marina South Pier. They have few cruises a day. Cost is about $30 for 10am and 3pm cruises. They will pass by the port at a distance. It used to be much closer but now the distance is a bit further away now. U can buy tickets at the pier.

There is a maritime muesum at Sentosa which is part of SEA Aquarium, never been there but I heard its pretty so-so.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM

You cpuld also visit the Maritime Museum on Sentosa Island

sentosa.com.sg/en/attraction...

• Re: Tour of the container port(s)

by alfredpa Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM

walkietalkie2012 wrote:

No u can't go into the port. But if u go to Singapore Yacht Club the port is practically next to it and u can see the port pretty close up..

Another way is to take the 2-hr chinese junk cruise from Marina South Pier. They have few cruises a day. Cost is about $30 for 10am and 3pm cruises. They will pass by the port at a distance. It used to be much closer but now the distance is a bit further away now. U can buy tickets at the pier.

There is a maritime muesum at Sentosa which is part of SEA Aquarium, never been there but I heard its pretty so-so.

Thanks, I will follow your advice and take the Chinese Junk Cruise. I'll let this thread know how it went!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Another option is to take a cable car ride from Mount Faber to Sentosa. Its a pretty short ride but u can have the birds eye views of the harbour and part of the port.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines