Singapore Travel Answers

change location

travel guide iPhone

by Serg1979 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I'm going to visit Singapore for a few days... Does anyone know good travel guide for this city available for iPhone?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • K2NG's Profile Photo

Re: travel guide iPhone

by K2NG Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Search on Yahoo came back with this...mtrip.com/travel-guide/singa...
    You might want to take a look....

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • K2NG's Profile Photo

by K2NG Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Btw, one new attraction will be launched for soft opening on 3 April, which is River-themed wildlife park River Safari. It is a newly built 12 hectare park located just next to Singapore Zoo. Entrance fee is S$25 for adults and S$16 for children. Senior citizens enjoy a special discounted price of S$12.50.

Another attraction that was opened not too long ago is Marine Life Park, the world’s largest oceanarium, located within Resort World Sentosa, one of the 2 Integrated Resorts in Singapore. I have not found time to visit this attraction although I have been wanting to do so. Information is available on website http://www.rwsentosa.com. Resort World Sentosa Integrated Resort also houses the Universal Studio Theme Park, which is another park for those seeking for adrenalin pumping adventure.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• PatricS's Profile Photo

by PatricS Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I have Singapore2Go travel guide on my iPhone4s. Really good travel app around Singapore. Use it for 5 days this feburary. It has all the info you may need and looks great.   It also free on the Apps Store.  just get it on the App store and be happy

1 member found this helpful

• walterwu's Profile Photo

by walterwu Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Besides Singapore2Go as mentioned by PatricS, there's the official version (by the tourism board) available on www.yoursingapore.com/guide where you can download the iphone app.

• Re: travel guide iPhone

by isabo80 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Hi Serg1979, as other people have mentioned, there are some decent travel guide apps available for iPhone. However, unless you have a data roaming plan, it might be really expensive to access the app while in Singapore and free wi-fi is not available in many places. A good alternative would be to rent out this www.handysingapore.com

For $15/day you can rent out a Samsung Galaxy smartphone, which comes with a local SIM card, UNLIMITED calls to 26 countries, unlimited 3G, an in-build city guide updated daily and lots of deals that can be redeemed through the phone itself.

Hope it helps! cheers, Isa

• madhavii's Profile Photo

by madhavii Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 6:55 PM

try the app gothere.sg for travel- it will show you possible bus, car, taxi routes, mrt and how much it will cost you to travel as well c",)

ohhh and about connecting to wifi, it is hard to find wifi spot everywhere and anywhere, so what i did was i bought a simcard for my ipad(there will be simcard for iphone, too for a short period stay in Singapore) that will be good for 5days and it is really cheap as I was advised at the airport that it will not be practical and necessary to rent a phone for a 4-5days trip in Singapore not unless you need to make a call all the time. c",)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines