Singapore Travel Answers

change location

singapore university

by rosegiammarco Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM

my so is going to singapore university for 6 months. I would like to visit. If i stay in the downtown area is he far from there or should i stay close to the university? thanks

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Kaaskop85's Profile Photo

Re: singapore university

by Kaaskop85 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Last year when being in Singapore I have quickly been to the university. The whole campus is very large, but there are several metro (MRT) stations, so you can reach university easily from down town.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

it is better to stay at downtown as that's where many attractions are. Yes u can easily take mrt or taxi to the university, it is not far, Singapore is a compact city. There are a few unis here, I would assume it is National University of Singapore? The nearest mrt is Kent Ridge along the circle line.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I guess you refer to NUS. It is easy to reach NUS from the city center too.

• walterwu's Profile Photo

by walterwu Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM

If your son is in SMU (Singapore Management University), it is in downtown area itself. NUS is served by NUH mrt station whilst the nearest station to NTU (Nanyang Technological University) is Pioneer or Boon Lay.

Catching a train to the nearest station and taking a bus ride from there is very convenient.

SMU is served by Bras Basah station and is right on top of it in downtown area.

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM

errr... there is no NUH mrt station, its Kent Ridge, serving NUH and NUS. Free shuttle buses to various NUS campuses provided outside the station..

smrt.com.sg/Trains/NetworkMa...

btw, there is also the newest Singapore University of Technology and Design occupying a temporary space at Dover Road.

• Strikinsmile's Profile Photo

by Strikinsmile Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM

If you are okay with 30-40mins of commuting via the MRT (or less), then I guess it shouldn't be a problem. Singapore has a very efficient transport system that can possibly get you to all places you want to go to. It is pretty easy to "master" using the MRT so if you ask me, really, distance is not a problem.

• Strikinsmile's Profile Photo

by Strikinsmile Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM

If you are okay with 30-40mins of commuting via the MRT (or less), then I guess it shouldn't be a problem. Singapore has a very efficient transport system that can possibly get you to all places you want to go to. It is pretty easy to "master" using the MRT so if you ask me, really, distance is not a problem.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines