Singapore Travel Answers

change location
loose_motion's Profile Photo

Any suggestions for decent hotels in serangoon area ?

by loose_motion Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I am going to be in Singapore for 3-4 days from the 19th of march to the 22nd morning . This is my 7th trip there and this time I want to stay in the Serangoon area ( near Mustafa ) . Online searches for decent hotels havn't resulted in much . Fortuna which is one of the better ones in the area has a cockroach problem so that's out !!! I want to finalize one with WIFI in rooms , breakfast and a swimming pool .
Going with 3 adults and a 4 year old . Can I get something near Mustafa or head back to orchard rd ? Orchard has some decent options for about US$220 per night . thanks

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: Any suggestions for decent hotels in serangoon area ?

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM

18 monts ago we had 4 nights at the Park Royal on Beach Road which is close by. Excellent hotel, nice rooms, very good breakfast and beautiful pool area. Not pricy. Have not put on my Singapore page, but put a posting on Tripadvisor .

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • walterwu's Profile Photo

by walterwu Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Park Royal Kitchener Road would be right behind mustafa. city square mall with farrer mrt next to it. your budget should be alright.

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Little India mostly have budget hotels. Not sure what decent means but your best bet would be the newish Park Poyal Kitchener as suggested above. U can check also V Lavender above Lavender mrt station but Mustafa is not at the doorstep. But quite close. If I'm not mistaken they provide free shuttle to Little India. Or take taxi. Its only around 5 min.

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

by loose_motion Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for the tips . Park Royal looks good .

• sdq's Profile Photo

by sdq Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

As said above PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road Hotel is the best choice my friend stayed there and recommended me.

• Strikinsmile's Profile Photo

by Strikinsmile Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Orchard is a better option for me, if you ask me. Not only is it a shopping strip but it has a host of restaurants to try. It's also good for a night walk, if you don't mind walking with more people on the street because of mall lights and a dazzling array of shops that were recently given a facelift. Accessible and convenient, that's Orchard Road for me.

• loose_motion's Profile Photo

by loose_motion Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Thanks . Did enjoy the sights and sounds of orchard on my last few trips and thought serangoon would be 'different' . Still finializing though :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines