Singapore Travel Answers

change location

Filling in the D/E card, day trip to Johor

by friedcarrots Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I have a question regarding the D/E card. On the card visitors are asked to fill in the "Next City/Port of Disembarkation After Singapore" and the "Length of Stay in Days" and present the card to the immigration officer when first arriving in Singapore.

I plan to stay in Singapore for a week and continue on to Sydney, Australia. If I during my stay in Singapore decide to make a brief day trip to Johor Bahru, what should I write in these fields?

Should I write "Sydney" and "07 Days" even if I in this case will temporarily leave Singapore? In the case that I write "Johor Bahru" and some shorter period - but decide to stay the whole week in Singapore - it could be regarded as overstaying (= serious trouble), am I right?

(I don't need a visa to enter either Singapore or Malaysia) Strange that I can't find anything about this, even if there is probably a lot of people who don't visit southeast Asia that often and would like to add another country to their travel experience.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • walterwu's Profile Photo

Re: Filling in the D/E card, day trip to Johor

by walterwu Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Malaysia side has do away with the D/E card in favour of the bio-metric passport. On my regular trips into Johor Bahru, I only have to present my passport.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I should not worry about it, just enter Sydney, and if you visit JB i don't think it will be questioned and it certainly shouldn't be a problem

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM

many tourists make an impromptu quick dash across the border when they are here especially with Legoland and Hello Kitty, the newsish attractions there opened, so its ok to put 7 days. Weather u put 7 days or 3 days, u will still be given 30 days stay..

• Strikinsmile's Profile Photo

by Strikinsmile Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

If you have most likely confirmed that you are going to Johor Bahru, I suggest you indicate that as your next destination. You will be given a new DE card as soon as you leave and re-enter Singapore anyway.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines