Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• yokono's Profile Photo

trekking partner/s for K2 base camp Trek

Pakistan May 17, 2015 at 2:27 AM

Hi All,

I am looking at doing the K2 Base Camp Trek, 20-21 days total. I am heading to Pakistan in third week of June and would like to start the trek some time after 20th June. If anyone is interested to join me and/or share the cost of porters, please let me know, if you would like to have a look for more details. Send me a message and I will give you further information, so we can catch up for a chat.

I would also love to hear from anyone who has just come off the track to hear their experience and what the conditions are like toward K2 BC.

more
    • through deosai by foot?

Deosai Mountains May 20, 2015 at 12:40 PM

hey do tourists still cross deosai by foot?

more
    • kikuchi's Profile Photo

Travelling from Islamabad to China

Pakistan May 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Travelling from Islamabad to China
      Hi,

I am planing to travel from Islamabad to Urumqi via the KKH next week. I would like to know if any body has recently travelled the route and if so could share their experience with me. I will also have to budget so please share the current fares (buses & taxis), hotel accommodations, dining e.t.c costs or any recommended guide?

more
    • October 2015, Gilgit / Islamabad / Srinagar / Lahore

Gilgit May 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Dear all,
      I am going to a solo bike tour. The plan in the enter Pakistan from China on G315, follow the Karakoram Highway to Gilgit and Islamabad and finally make it to India near Srinagar or Lahore.
      What is safety situation in the region? Are the Pakistan-China and Pakistan-India borders open to tourists?

Thank you
      Ilya

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Philippines visa application

Karachi Jan 28, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Does anyone know where to apply for Philippines visa in Karachi? They have an embassy in Islamabad but I can't find any consulate or contact in Karachi.

3 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 6:12 AM
    • SarfarazA's Profile Photo

Sindh not Sind

Sind Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM

Anyone, who has authority to modify the name of this province of Pakistan, which is wrongly typed here?

The actual spelling is "Sindh" not 'Sind'. Please see this citation, and do everything within your power... theguardian.com/world/2013/f...

5 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM
    • Having thoughts on travelling to Karachi

Karachi Nov 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Does anyone know the current situation in Karachi? Whether is it generally safe or pretty dangerous etc... Are there loads of violence on a daily basis? Help me out!

2 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • trip planning

Karachi Aug 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM

we are 4 poeple wants to go to pakistan tour . places we want to see murree, abtabad,naran and kashmir.
      we are planning to go last week of october 2014 for 15 days . so kindly i wanna know about the traveling cost, hotels fares per day.
      how much per person we need kindly guide me.

Regards
      ALI

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • Thinking of travelling to karachi- European girl????

Karachi Aug 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Hi im a european girl from ireland and im thinking of travelling to karachi soon to meet my friend and his family. I already got the visa but i have some concerns. Is it safe to go there if i would meet him and his family at the airport? they have they're own car and they would drive me to where he lives. They live in an apartment so i would stay with them.

When i asked the pakistani embassy here if its safe to go there they said yes its safe.. so im confused because when i read online about karachi its mixed response. When i ask my friend he keeps saying his area is safe and lots of people came from canada etc and they were all fine.

So please im looking for any honest advice about my situation and many thanks if you can help :)

48 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • manora island

Karachi Jul 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM

do you know where is the light house situated in karachi ans is manora

9 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • downhill mountain bike trails

Sind Jun 26, 2014 at 7:56 AM

im just looking for downhill mountain bike trails kenielworth or sun shine coast

• underground parties

Karachi May 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM

hey can anyone tell me where and how can i contact for a party in karachi

2 Answers May 13, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • Safe to travel to uk

Karachi Jan 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Hi is it safe to travel to Karachi with a young child from uk

3 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Churna Island

Karachi Oct 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Thinking of Churna Island this week - my first time. would appreciate if any experiences traveler might guide about logistics, etc, plus other useful tips?

How to hire a boat from Mubarak village? Rates? where to park the car??

10 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    • crockery of fine quality but reasonable price?

Karachi Sep 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

can i get good quality crockery from gul plaza in cheap price? any guesses that how much would it cost me?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • is it a place fr famlies?

Nagar Parkar Sep 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM

hi...is it a nice place to go with family for tour?

2 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    • Tourist Groups

Karachi Aug 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Are there any legitimate and good tourist groups in Karachi that can show you around Karachi?
      I've heard about travel and culture tour group but I'm not sure if that's a good one.

travel-culture.com/karachi_a...

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Wazir Mansion Opening Hours

Karachi Dec 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Any idea about the opening hours of Wazir Mansion? or where can I find this information??

8 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Mohenjo Daro

Sind Oct 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hi all, I am doing research on visit to Mohenjo Daro sometime in March next year and possible travel around Pakistan for 2 weeks in total.
      How I cant find much, so I am interested to find out how easy is to reach the place ( I am raveling with elderly person in his 60)
      And is March good time to travel to Pakistan weather wise.
      Any other info you can supply me on Mohanjo Daro including links I will be eternally grateful.
      Many thanks
      Valentina
      MacedonianUK

52 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    • Karachi Bird Market

Karachi Jul 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I've never been to Karachi, but for a radio play I'm writing, I'm desperate to learn any details about the Karachi bird market: what type of birds are sold there, are they for both pets and for food? Etc. I also understand there is a tradition in Karachi (or perhaps other cities in Pakistan) of birds being released after they are purchased (in the market, or from young boys in the street), as a way of releasing a personal burden. I know this is also a Buddhist practice (done in Thailand among other places) but I doubt it stems from the Buddhist tradition in Pakistan. Does anyone know more about this practice in Karachi, or the bird market in general? Please share!
      Many thanks

7 Answers Jul 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    • Lost & Confused

Karachi Jun 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Hello,
      I very much want to visit Karachi. I have checked into visa, but my concern is: Do I have to purchase the round trip air fare before I send paperwork in or will I be able to just put down something like a.s.a.p? I am worried about buying an air fare ticket and not getting visa in time. Lost on this one..take a chance and buy the ticket before visa or wait for visa to buy ticket? HELP

10 Answers Jun 29, 2012 at 4:26 AM
    • Birthday Cake for Delivery

Karachi Apr 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Hi There,

My uncle lives in North Nazimad and it is his birthday coming up. I live in Canada and for his birthday I would like to order a coffee cake and have it delivered to his home on the day of his birthday. Does anyone have any suggestions on bakeries in Karachi that would be able to do this for me? If so please provide me with their names/telephone numbers and/or their website information.

Thank you in advance for your assistance1

2 Answers Apr 19, 2012 at 4:44 AM
    • Cheap art/paintings

Karachi Aug 28, 2011 at 5:28 AM

Where is the best place to find 'starving artist' paintings in Karachi? I am also looking in particular, for oil painting reproductions of vintage movie posters, product/shop advertisements, painting designs traditionally found on lorries (but in this case on paper/cloth).

3 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    • Info/help! Coming to Karachi After Ramzan For 2-3 Days

Karachi Aug 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Salams and Ramzan Mubarak to everyone!

I'm a foreign born desi flying in to Karachi for 2-3 days next month after Ramzan and need help/guidance as my extended family no longer live in Karachi (they have all moved to Hyderabad or Lahore).

I'm really excited to be visiting Karachi after almost 10 yrs as I have fond memories there (I loved the food, the sights, shopping, etc) but am also concerned because of the recent violence I hear about, deception/crime others tell me about, and lastly because I won't have a local relative with me this time.

The below is what I'm requesting info and guidance on in addition to whatever else you think is important. If you're able to provide any specifics (phone #s, addresses, websites, etc), that would be great!

1) Place to stay: Should be safe but inexpensive (hotel/guest house?) with air conditioning and internet access. I'm told that the electricity goes on/off in Karachi so hopefully a place with a generator. I'm not sure of the price ranges but I'm told I can get a safe and inexpensive place for 1500-2000 rupees a day, true? Any particular names, phone numbers, addresses?

2) Activities: I'd like to try to enjoy myself for the 2-3 days I'll be in Karachi, so I'm interested in eating out at all the places that shouldn't be missed (I hear alot about Burns Rd, Javed Nihari, BBQ Tonight, Lal Qila, Student Biryani, the fish/seafood places in Minora, Kulfi, etc). I'd also like to check out the natural sights like Clifton, Minora, and other places. Lastly, I need to go to Bari's Tailors in Cooperative Market to buy cloth and to give an order for some shalwar khamees. Maybe the place to stay should be close to these activities?

3) Getting Around: I don't know my way around Karachi and don't think I can handle the buses. I've heard some people mention that they hire a car with driver for the day for about 1000-2000 rupees, true? If so, how safe and reliable are these drivers and does it include fuel costs? Any particular suggestions?

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. If you'd like to contact me via email, my email address is Ismomir@yahoo.com.

Jazakullah khair for everyone's help!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM
    • Kanjoo's Profile Photo

Karachi to Thatta

Karachi Jun 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Good day, I need some info about Karachi to Thatta:

Where in Karachi one can catch a public bus for Thatta? How early do they leave for Thatta in the morning? Any train from Karachi to Thatta?

Is there any campsite around? Or how much one should budget for a normal range accommodation place in Thatta or one of the lakes? Anyone would have phone numbers of any of the hotels there?

Any concern of safety/security?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ahmed

3 Answers Jun 20, 2011 at 1:04 AM
    • Shoping @ Karachi

Karachi Jun 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I am planning to visit Karachi for 1 day and 2 and my main purpose of visit is to buy clothes from Gul Ahmed, Sana Safina and Lakhani. I would really appreciate if any one can tell me the location of shops. I have heard that prices varies with location is this true with Gul Ahmed, sana Safina and lakhani. If yes than where do I shop for these ??

6 Answers Jul 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    • Ferry service from Karachi

Karachi Jun 4, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Is there ferry service from Karachi to any part of the world like Srilanka, Duabt etc.? If yes, can anybody proide me the details of the ferry service provider?

5 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 2:06 AM
    • please reply me

Karachi Apr 17, 2011 at 4:25 AM

salam,
      please confirm me the SOHRAB GOTH bus stand phone number , i wana go to peshawar i dont have any number please send me the no of COACHES SERVICES.

1 Answer Apr 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    • Medical book sellers

Karachi Dec 22, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I am a first time visitor in Karachi, I would like to buy some medical books but I actually don't know where are the biggest medical book sellers in Karachi city.
      I appreciate your help in advance to guide me.
      Thanks,

2 Answers Dec 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    • angelsmom13's Profile Photo

Safe?

Hyderabad Dec 3, 2010 at 10:05 PM

My manager is planning a trip to Hyderabad with a friend who will be working there for the next 4 years.I was wondering if it is safe for Americans right now?

8 Answers Apr 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    • ???

Karachi Mar 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM

This may sound funny but I am really scared of the part when we have to get out of te boat. I find the wooden slab pretty dangerous. I went for boat approx. 7 yrs ago and now when I have to go tomorrow I am not really sure if I should go or not. Any tips you can give? Help me asap.

3 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    • arsalan_wahed's Profile Photo

Need Camps

Karachi Mar 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me where I can purchase good quality camps in Karachi. I have searched some shops near burns road but didn't find any quality camps. I want the ones that can be rolled into a cylinder form. They have fiber sticks in them which are for the structure of the camp.
      I have a pop-up tent but it is very difficult to carry it around while trekking. Could any one point me out any place where I could easily find good quality tents?

4 Answers Sep 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    • Hawksbay Beach

Karachi Jan 11, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Would like to know more Cape Monze Beach?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 3:28 AM
    • Mittnic's Profile Photo

Carpets in Karachi

Karachi Oct 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I want to buy a high quality carpet as a gift to my parents and wonder if I should do it during a stop over in Karachi. I'm looking for a dark red Afghan style carpet in the size of 6-10 m2.

Is it reasonable to expect to by one for about usd 60 per m2. My wife is Turkish and very gifted in bargaining but it might be unlikely anyway.

Any input would be much appreciated!

/Johannes

5 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM