change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Sinaia

• Travel to Sinaia

by pantstblackdog Online Now Yesterday

How do you get to Sinaia from Craiova? Any recommendations? Reliable minibus firm/taxi? Thanks

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Winter weather

by MaritLR Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Hello!
      My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Sinaia to see the Peles castle and watch the beautiful scenery, and was thinking of maybe going in January. However, I am a bit worried that it might be freezing at that time of year. Does anyone know what the temperature and wind conditions are likely to be in this area in January?
      I would also be grateful if anyone knows wether it is suitable to explore some of the surrounding area by foot, or if one needs skis.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Sinaia as a day trip from Sibiu.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 24, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Is this possbile?

6 Answers Apr 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    • animsoc's Profile Photo

I need a tree!!!

by animsoc Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 3:28 AM

I posted this also in the general Romania forum but as we will be in Sinaia when this is relevant, decided to post here as well.

Okay, I realize I've been asking a ton of questions here but then, isn't that kinda why this site exists? :p Anyway, probably the most bizarre question I've asked to date. :)

We're all set to go to Sinaia for 3 nights, got a nice flat rented, 2 levels. Now, originally we were to meet around Christmas/New Year's but circumstances caused us to alter that. Also, things in her life prevented her from having a Christmas tree this year. So I'm thinking, wouldn't it be cool for her to go upstairs one night and take a nice warm bath to relax (per my suggestion of course! Lol!) and then come to the top of the stairs to find, a fire in the fireplace and all the lights out except for... the Christmas tree! :) Thinking a nice fondue next to the fire would be nice. So the question is, what to do about the tree? I do have a fake tree at home that comes apart and could fit in my luggage (it's less than 2m - nothing fancy). Thinking it might be cheaper to pay for an extra piece of luggage for that than to buy a tree there but, what do I know? That's why I'm asking first! :))

It would cost me about100 for an extra bag - that's for both legs combined. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks again for, "listening" to my silly questions! Lol!

6 Answers Jan 14, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Vila Calin

by animsoc Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Buna ziua!

So, my heart is now set on apartment #2 at Vila Calin, instead of Hotel Cumpatu's double deluxe room. (Hehehe) However, they don't have an online booking setup on their site! Ugh! I emailed them (through vila tudor which is the email they list) but does anyone happen to know if this is the only way to book? If I don't hear back today from them today, I'll try calling tomorrow.

The place is PERFECT for what we have in mind. Okay see, our first, "date" was online and I, "took her" to a cabin in the mountains where we just had pizza and sat by the fireplace toasting marshmallows. :p So it would be really cool to recreate that in person and, this looks like the closest thing. :)

12 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Roses and Champagne

by animsoc Online Now Dec 15, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Hey again...

So, our trip planning is going well. I want to surprise her when we arrive at Sinaia and was thinking, as it's gonna be on 24 Feb, would be nice to have flowers and champagne. So I'm gonna email the Hotel Cumpatu and ask if that's something they could have in the room when we arrive but if not, is there somewhere in the area where I could buy them? If so, I'll get them on the way and then sneak them in and setup maybe that night, for when we come back from skating. :)

Thanks!

Ice skating in Sinaia

by animsoc Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Okay so, I posted this in the Bucharest forum but, plans have changed slightly. We're gonna be going to Sinaia now, planning on spending 2 nights around Ziua Dragobete. Anyway, looking for some place to go ice skating there. I saw a lot of skiing but haven't seen skating so far. Anyone know of a place? Thanks!

~ John

2 Answers Oct 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    • where to leave car while hiking

by Frances6 Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Hi, we would like to hike the mountains around Sinaia for 2-3 days, staying in mountain huts along the way. Meanwhile, we need a safe place to leave our car - with our luggage. (I'm wary, because we once had all our luggage stolen from a rented car.) Any advice?

2 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    • zlatiq's Profile Photo

mountains huts/chalets near Sinaia, Brasov and Bran

by zlatiq Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Hello virtual travelers! We will be driving from Bucharest and would like to spend few days in the Bucegi mountain (castles, hiking etc). I did find few huts nearby, but havent been able to find out to which huts there are roads. Any suggestions? Anything from Sinaia, Busteni, Bran? I have been searching for maps but i have found only trail maps, such that i cant really place the trails close to any of these cities. thanks:)

6 Answers Apr 11, 2011 at 9:23 PM
    • sinaia night life

by richieclassics Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 2:11 AM

What would be the best nightclubs in sinaia?

• nightclubs

by richieclassics Online Now Nov 25, 2008 at 10:19 AM

what would be the best dance nightclub in sinaia

• Holiday Inn, Sinaia

by Luminitza Online Now Jul 20, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Hi,

We would like to stay at your hotel between July 31 and August 3, 2008. Could you please give us an approximate rate for the 3 nights for a suite or a double room. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Lumi

luminitza@aol.com

• Accomodation in Sinaia

by Andrea12 Online Now Dec 21, 2006 at 6:13 AM

Hello,
      we are ten people looking for accomodation in Sinaia for 7 - 8 night in february 2007. Has somebody any info ? We prefer place with kitchen - apartment, bungalow...
      Thanks for any info. Andrea

• Easy Hiking (?) in the Bucegi near Sinaia

by global-nomad Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 2:46 AM

Hu there,
      I'm planning a family trip to Romania next July.
      I would like to go from Sinaia by the cable car to Cota2000, then walk to Piatra Arsa Cabana, from there walk down to Pestera Hotel and Monastery and to the Ialomita Cave.
      My questions:
      * I understand that there is a chairlift I can take from the hotel back to Babele (and from there to Busteni). Is that true?
      * How long will it take to get from Cota2000 to the hotel/monastery?
      * How difficult is the walk? We have in our party a 64-yrs old, she is not very sportive but is game for anything... Or is this walk unsuitable?

Many many thanks!

5 Answers Oct 24, 2006 at 4:21 PM
    • intrebarea mea

by denisadinu Online Now Sep 2, 2006 at 10:25 AM

in ce zile se pot vizita castelele de acolo(castelul bran catelul peles castelul pelisor etc)?

1 Answer Sep 2, 2006 at 11:50 AM
    • sinaia

by miki555 Online Now Jul 9, 2006 at 5:02 AM

what was the name of the street with the night clubs???

• PTadin's Profile Photo

"Cabana Vanatoreasca" - Hunter's Lodge

by PTadin Online Now Aug 5, 2005 at 8:34 AM

Does anyone know anything about "Cabana Vanatoreasca" (Hunter's Lodge) restaurant in Sinaia and if so, do you have any photos of the place and how do I contact them to make a reservation for my group?

Thanks for your help!!

1 Answer Aug 5, 2005 at 11:22 AM
    • cpinheir's Profile Photo

apartment or room for rent?

by cpinheir Online Now Jul 25, 2003 at 7:18 PM

Hi all! I want to stay in Romania for 3 months, and I need a cheap place to live. I have visited Romania for brief periods of 1 to 2 weeks before, but this will be my first extended stay, which may or may not become permanent. I would prefer to find an apartment in Sinaia...I fell in love with the area during previous trips. I would prefer to arrange to rent an apartment before I get there, but I cannot find an online source that has apartments for rent in Sinaia (well...thats not exactly true...I can only find some sites that rent apartments and villas by the day for a very expensive price). I'm looking to spend about100 to200 a month, maximum. A single room apartment is fine, but more rooms for the same money would be fine, too. Can someone please suggest an online source for apartment or room rentals in Sinaia...or at least an e-mail address where I can contact a rental agency in Sinaia? Thanks in advance for your help! Chris

3 Answers Jul 16, 2004 at 3:46 AM