Sinaia Travel Answers

change location
animsoc's Profile Photo

I need a tree!!!

by animsoc Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 3:28 AM

I posted this also in the general Romania forum but as we will be in Sinaia when this is relevant, decided to post here as well.

Okay, I realize I've been asking a ton of questions here but then, isn't that kinda why this site exists? :p Anyway, probably the most bizarre question I've asked to date. :)

We're all set to go to Sinaia for 3 nights, got a nice flat rented, 2 levels. Now, originally we were to meet around Christmas/New Year's but circumstances caused us to alter that. Also, things in her life prevented her from having a Christmas tree this year. So I'm thinking, wouldn't it be cool for her to go upstairs one night and take a nice warm bath to relax (per my suggestion of course! Lol!) and then come to the top of the stairs to find, a fire in the fireplace and all the lights out except for... the Christmas tree! :) Thinking a nice fondue next to the fire would be nice. So the question is, what to do about the tree? I do have a fake tree at home that comes apart and could fit in my luggage (it's less than 2m - nothing fancy). Thinking it might be cheaper to pay for an extra piece of luggage for that than to buy a tree there but, what do I know? That's why I'm asking first! :))

It would cost me about100 for an extra bag - that's for both legs combined. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks again for, "listening" to my silly questions! Lol!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: I need a tree!!!

by hawkhead Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 5:26 AM

All I can say is that for you to achieve all that "she" will have to have a very long bath and be deaf!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • animsoc's Profile Photo

by animsoc Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Lol!!! Naa, she'll be upstairs and I can setup a tree in record time! :)) As for the sound, that's good to keep her wondering what the heck I'm up to. :))

I just measured my tree and, it will easy ship as an extra bag, right in it's own box. :)

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

If you can ship, collect, hide and then set up the tree without her knowing, then she is not as curious as she should be!

by animsoc Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Oh she'll know something is up! She's incredibly impatient when it comes to surprises so I'm gonna have to work hard to keep her in the dark as much as possible! This is gona be great! :))

• potempkin's Profile Photo

by potempkin Online Now Jan 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Lots of trees in Sinaia if you were Romanian you would go out and borrow one, it would save you a lot of grief

by animsoc Online Now Jan 14, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Lol!!! "Borrow" :))) Well, I've been told it's illegal to cut down trees after December 25 but anyway, this will work fine, bringing my little one. :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sinaia