Sinaia Travel Answers

change location
animsoc's Profile Photo

Vila Calin

by animsoc Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Buna ziua!

So, my heart is now set on apartment #2 at Vila Calin, instead of Hotel Cumpatu's double deluxe room. (Hehehe) However, they don't have an online booking setup on their site! Ugh! I emailed them (through vila tudor which is the email they list) but does anyone happen to know if this is the only way to book? If I don't hear back today from them today, I'll try calling tomorrow.

The place is PERFECT for what we have in mind. Okay see, our first, "date" was online and I, "took her" to a cabin in the mountains where we just had pizza and sat by the fireplace toasting marshmallows. :p So it would be really cool to recreate that in person and, this looks like the closest thing. :)

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Vila Calin

by leics Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Ah...the marshmallow man! :-)

I can only suggest that you be a little patient. The website only offers email and phone contacts. It is still Christmas, was a public holiday in Romania yesterday and people don't always read work emails over the holiday period.

You can book online through this agency:

booking-romania.com/sinaia/v...

and various others I found when googling. But I have no personal experience of the agency sites I found with Vila Calin listed and can therefore make no comment about their reliability.

I think calling them tomorrow may be the best way to put your mind at rest.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • animsoc's Profile Photo

by animsoc Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 4:34 AM

Lol!!! :p

Yeah, I saw that site too but said not available or something. And other sites just didn't have rate info in them.

I'm sorta patient. Lol!!! I mean, there's still Cumpatu if this doesn't pan out.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 4:38 AM

Fingers crossed they'll get back to your email but, fair play, they may be on holiday themselves. Try phoning in a day or so...

You still have a good chunk of time before your viit, yes?

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 5:23 AM

I would wait until after the New Year - they may well be on holiday until into the 3rd or 4th January.

by animsoc Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I heard back later in the day! The flat I want IS available!!! :D Well, it WAS available anyway... not anymore... Cause I booked it!!! :))))

This is gonna be awesome!!! And it's got a full kitchen so, I can cook her my world famous Tocanita and papanasi! Lol!!!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Well, there you go...you see, some things are meant to be! :-)

by animsoc Online Now Dec 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM

:) Maybe! may... be... :)

by animsoc Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Okay so, I didn't know where to post this but, I wanted to put it somewhere. After my trip, I will post an official review but for now I wanted to say this about Vila Calin (which is also connected to Vila Tudor and Vila Luca).

I was hesitant at first as they had no reservations page online, just an email address. But I was impressed by the pictures and so, requested more information and indicated my interest in one of their apartments for 3 days. We completed the reservation and I was asked to send an email 1 week prior to arrival to reconfirm and call the day of arrival to arrange a time to get the keys. I gave a general overview of my travel plans and what I expected so that they would have some idea when I would likely be arriving. To my surprise (pleasant surprise!), I found a return email from them loaded with travel tips and suggestions, not just for Sinaia but for Bucursti, for traveling from the airport to Unirii, from Bucuresti to Sinaia, what to expect here and there, etc. I was then invited to contact them with any questions I might have about visiting Romania. I did and mentioned that I'm interested in renting a snowmobile for an afternoon and was looking to a place in Brasov but wondered if there was anything closer. Again, received a reply that they had asked around and found a place about 20 minutes from Sinaia. Also more comments and suggestions.

Normally when I make a reservation to stay somewhere, it's just give us the money and here's your key - blah. :)) This so far has been an experience. I am completely overwhelmed by the hospitality offered by the kind people of Vila Calin and even before setting foot on their property, I would recommend them. :)

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Sounds as if you've hit on a good place but, I have to say, what you describe is not that unusual (at least, not in my experience).

I've found many places (apartments, b&bs, hotels) to be very helpful and pleasant prior to arrival (and afterwards). Never really experienced 'give us the money, here's your key' anywhere. Perhaps you've just been unlucky in the past? :-)

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I agree. Also, as in most things, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating....

by animsoc Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Yeah well, I didn't mean that other places have been cold but, certainly not the level of hospitality that I'm experiencing here. And I work in the hotel/hospitality field! Lol!!! Seriiously, this is above and beyond. Maybe because it's a smaller place, they can offer a more personalized service than in say, a 400 room hotel where it's all about volume. Nu stiu. :p I'm just loving this experience and, when I receive excellent service, I want everyone to know. :)

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I don't tend to stay in huge hotels (I don't think Hawkhead does either) so maybe that's why we are not particularly surprised: it just seems fairly normal to us. Maybe also it is something more commonplace in Europe?

Whatever, as she says, the proof of the pudding...You can't really recommend anywhere until you've stayed there. So make sure you write a VT review afterwards! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sinaia