Simferopol Travel Answers

change location

Budapest-Simferopol

by amanda86 Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm travelling around Europe this July and I want to get to Simferopol on the 15th from Budapest.I like trains and buses and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get the train/bus tickets/schedules??Is it possible to buy the tickets in Simferopol if my journey is from Budapest?Is it possible to buy the tickets online?Please help :)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: Budapest-Simferopol

by IngaA Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 8:22 AM

try www.elvira.hu
    it's Hungarian train timetable

for transportation in Ukraine you can try but it's only in Ukrainian....
    uz.gov.ua/?m=services.transp...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Or (for within Ukraine and also in English):

www.poezda.net

• kopvas's Profile Photo

by kopvas Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 1:58 AM

There are multiply choices for you:
    TransUkrianian - either to go BP-Lviv-Simferopol or BP-Kiev-Simferopol.
    BP-Lviv r/t will be app. 90 euro; BP-Kiev r/t app.120 euro + Lviv-Simferopol in "kupe" roughly 20 euro/ Kiev-Simferopol 15-20 (depending on train).
    If you want to save money you will need to break you ticket via Zahony-Chop (Hungary-Ukraine border), in this case the whole trip from BP to Simferopol will cost as low as 45 euro...
    Another interesting choice is to use partly airplane:
    BP-Timisoara by train and Timisoara-Odesa by Carpatair (88 euro for 15/07), from Odesa it is much cheaper and faster to get to Simferopol, than from Kiev for instance.
    And the last offer from me - use of Wizzair Katowice-Kiev flight (160 PLN - 15/07), especially considering that it is not a problem to get to Katowice from BP by train

• Re: Budapest-Simferopol

by amanda86 Online Now Jun 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Thanks everyone!

I will consider all options.

Kopvas,Is there a train from Zahony-Chop to Simferopol?Or do I have to go to Kiev/Lvov first?Are the trains daily?Do I buy the tickets in Budapest?

And lastly :) how long will the journey be if I were to break the ticket?I need to be in Simferopol by the 15th.

Thanks again!

• kopvas's Profile Photo

by kopvas Online Now Jun 26, 2009 at 3:49 PM

There is daily car wagons (not full train) from Chop to Simferopol (22:43-9:50 -total 35 hours)- they wait 5 hours in Lviv and get reattached to Lviv-Simferopol train. I doubt that you can buy this tickets anywhere in Hungary. Anyway even if somebody will sell it to you, the price would be much higher than in Ukraine. Ticket bought in Ukraine for "kupe" costs 220 UAH.
    But there might be a problem to buy this ticket before departure - during summer everybody wants to enjoy Crimean sun ;)
    So instead you can either go by Lviv-Simferopol trains (couple of them) or use Wizzair flight Lviv-Simferopol.
    It is possible to order domestic tickets in Ukraine in advance here - www.e-kvytok.com.ua, but website is in Ukrainian only (as of now)...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Simferopol