Simferopol Travel Answers

change location
pawelx's Profile Photo

Simferopol-Lvil air tickets

by pawelx Online Now Apr 11, 2005 at 4:41 AM

Hi,
we plan to arrive in Simferopol by train from Lviv. To save time on journey back, I wanted to take a plane.
How much does it cost? I heard 50USD?
Do I have to book in advance? I'm in Warsaw/Poland now and so far I've found no travel agent who would sell Ukrainian domestic flights.
Thanks,
Pawel

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Dialing's Profile Photo

RE: Simferopol-Lvil air tickets

by Dialing Online Now Apr 11, 2005 at 10:27 AM

Hi Pawel,

actually the domestic air-tickets are quite affordable, at the price range you mention. And a good travel agency is Unipress Travel Ukraine, located in Odessa, yet operating for main Ukrainian cities, incl. Simferopol/Lviv.

travel-2-ukraine.com/transpo...

"Unipress makes domestic air, train and ferry tickets bookings, arranges airport/railway transfers and intercity car transportation.
    We will help you to choose the best routes in Ukraine, arrange expedite delivery of tickets and provide experienced English speaking drivers for your car transportation. Plus some international ferry lines tickets, which originate in Odessa.
    In other words, here you can buy all the transportation in Ukraine. Just click on the transportation option you wish to have to get full and current information and place a request for booking. "
    Btw, aren't you going to be in Odessa :-)

Sunshine,
    Anna

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

by IngaA Online Now Apr 12, 2005 at 12:05 AM

50$ sounds like a reasonable price. I don't think you nede to book in advance. It's not a problem to buy air ticket here. Locals still prefere travelling by train, so lack of air tickets isn't smth you should fear
    :)

• pawelx's Profile Photo

by pawelx Online Now Apr 18, 2005 at 3:28 AM

Inga, Anna, many thanks for your help.
    (1) I contacted the agent, but they don't sell the Simferopol-Lviv direct flights, only connections via Kiev. It's the same here in Warsaw. I understand that the direct flight is served by some minor domestic airline (e.g. Donbassaero (?), I may be misspelling this;). Do you happen to know local agents who would speak/write english and sell direct flights from Simferopol to Lviv? If not English, maybe Russian at least, I've got some friends who speak it?

(2) Is buying tickets really that easy? If I come to the ticket office on the day of departure, will the price be still so affordable? That would really be great, but please understand I don't want to find myself (and some 6 friends of mine) in a situation where we've no option to come back home and we should be there in 24 hrs;)

thanks thanks
    Pawel

• IngaA's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Simferopol-Lvil air tickets

by IngaA Online Now Apr 18, 2005 at 3:38 AM

well, as far as I know agents should speak English. but with Russian you will never be lost so that's good that some your frinds speak russian.

I thionk it should be ok even if you come at the very departure date. Domestic prices are not too hugh especially until the summer season starts

• Dialing's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Simferopol-Lvil air tickets

by Dialing Online Now Apr 19, 2005 at 10:04 AM

Hi Pawel,

Further to your request, most certain that:

(1) Simferopol-Lviv direct flights are served by Lviv airlines - “Lvovskie avialinii” (www.avia.lviv.ua)
    Nb: in the schedule of 2005 flights they don’t have flights to Simferopol, yet at www3.tour.crimea.com/NAVIGAT...
    the schedule of 2004 shows the daily flights for 17:20-19:50
    So i rather suggest to contact them and get the confirmation and/or reservations:
    Бронирование ж/д, авиа билетов: olga@crsp.crimea.com, ICQ #149830578
    Бронирование частных квартир и коттеджей: travel@crimea.com
    Телефоны: (+38 0652) 546-201, 525-509, (+38 050) 39-39-450
    Тел./факс: (+38 0652) 551-222

(2) if there are daily/or bi-daily flights, then it shouldn’t be an issue to arrange the tickest already in Simferopol, or rather upon your arrival to Lviv, please note that usually the price is higher by 15-20% (but that ~10$) if you buy tickets during the period less than 6 days of the flight.
    (2.1) and the good news is that you’ve always got an option of train connection !
    the schedule is at: www3.tour.crimea.com/NAVIGAT...

Have a great time!

Sunshine,
    Anna

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Simferopol