Simferopol Travel Answers

change location

VISAs for the UKRAINE

by CharlesBaxter Online Now Aug 18, 2003 at 9:04 AM

Hi everyone, please help. I'm getting mixed signals about VISAs for the Ukraine. I want to travel to Simferopol as a tourist for a view days, via Kiev. Some people say I can only do this with a VISA obtained here in the UK first - I'm British - others say I can get one on my arrival at SImferopol. Yet others say I will not be allowed onto my connecting flight without a VISA - so does anyone outthere know for sure. I'll be very grateful for any and all help. Thank you. Charles

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Jewels's Profile Photo

Re: VISAs for the UKRAINE

by Jewels Online Now Aug 18, 2003 at 9:31 AM

Hi there Take a look here http://www.ukrainianembassy.org.uk/ Hope this helps :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ben-UK's Profile Photo

by Ben-UK Online Now Aug 18, 2003 at 10:43 AM

Hi Charles, I've not been to the Ukraine, but at one stage I was planning to do so this year and I made some enquiries re visa etc. I see you live in Manchester - you may find the attached Ukraine travel company helpful, they're based in Oldham: http://www.ukraine.co.uk/ info@ukraine.co.uk Regards, Ben

• Re: VISAs for the UKRAINE

by Dom-o Online Now Aug 18, 2003 at 12:23 PM

for what it's worth I was in Ukraine 5 years ago and I sorted my VISA here in the UK first. I had no problems getting in or out but you may need to ask the question before you leave the UK if you're planning to travel onto any other country from Ukraine (e.g. Russia) Good luck with your visit. Dom

• AnythingButOrdinary's Profile Photo

by AnythingButOrdinary Online Now Aug 24, 2003 at 8:28 AM

u better get ur Visa in Uk, Ukrainians are crazy, today they say come without visa, the other day they send u back to Ukraine.I assure u, for NOT having problems here for 100%, come WITH the visa in ur passporT!!

• AnythingButOrdinary's Profile Photo

Re: Re: VISAs for the UKRAINE

by AnythingButOrdinary Online Now Aug 24, 2003 at 8:29 AM

SORRY, THEY SEND U BACK TO uk I MEANT...

by keithmartin Online Now Aug 26, 2003 at 6:52 PM

I was in Ukraine this month and I did not have nay problems, but you will need a visa before arrivinoto Kiev or anywhere else in Ukraine. Keiht

by Foresttoday Online Now Aug 27, 2003 at 11:25 AM

Hi Charles, You are getting good advice from your reader. Obtain your VISA prior to going to Ukraine, and figure on 45-60 days depending on how busy they are at getting to your papers. See the Embassy info from your first reader. To answer your other question, yes you can obtain your visa at Kiev but you may be detained for a long time and miss your connecting flight. Also, remember to have about 15.00 or so in change for the "Ukraine Insurance" once you arrive and before you go through customs. It is not optional, it is required and keep this information with your passport at all times. Simferopol and Yalta are wonderful cities and you will really enjoy time. Have fun, Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Simferopol