Travel Answers
Sighisoara

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Sighisoara to Chisinau route & Sighisoara questions :)

by Drugness Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hello all
      I'm hoping to travel from Sighisoara to Moldova but looking at the map, it's hard to know where to stop along the way. I'd rather avoid the 14-15 hour bus journey and I may well end up travelling from Bucharest, but only if needs be.
      Is Bacau, Iasi or maybe Galati worth spending a night or 2 in?
      I don't have time to check out the monasteries on this trip unfortunately.

And finally a Sighisoara related question :)
      Is 2 nights more than enough in the town? And are Targu Mures and Odorheiu Secuiesc good daytrip destinations?

more

Is Nathans Villa hostel gone?

by Drugness Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hello all
      I tried to book accomodation in Nathans Villa hostel today, but I can't seem to get a contact email address or a website for the hostel. Can anyone provide contact details please? Does the hostel still exist?
      If not, can someone please recommend a good hostel in Sighisoara please?
      Many thanks!
      DG

more

Is Nathans Villa hostel gone?

by Drugness Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hello all
      I tried to book accomodation in Nathans Villa hostel today, but I can't seem to get a contact email address or a website for the hostel. Can anyone provide contact details please? Does the hostel still exist?
      If not, can someone please recommend a good hostel in Sighisoara please?
      Many thanks!
      DG

4 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Sighisoara to Chisinau route & Sighisoara questions :)

by Drugness Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hello all
      I'm hoping to travel from Sighisoara to Moldova but looking at the map, it's hard to know where to stop along the way. I'd rather avoid the 14-15 hour bus journey and I may well end up travelling from Bucharest, but only if needs be.
      Is Bacau, Iasi or maybe Galati worth spending a night or 2 in?
      I don't have time to check out the monasteries on this trip unfortunately.

And finally a Sighisoara related question :)
      Is 2 nights more than enough in the town? And are Targu Mures and Odorheiu Secuiesc good daytrip destinations?

2 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 1:19 AM
    • FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo

How much time should I spend in Sighisoara?

by FridgeMagnet Online Now May 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I am going on a day trip from Brasov and I wondered if 4 hours there would be enough? I will arrive at 11.10 and I can either get a train back at 15.05 or 18.26

4 Answers May 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    • Bed and Breakfast

by mikesharon Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Interested in staying in a bed and breakfast or apartment in May 2012 thank you

1 Answer Mar 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM
    • Last one - Promise!

by kbyrne Online Now Oct 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Anyone know how far it is from the bus station in SIghisoara to the 'Burg Hostel' in the Citadel? How long would it take to walk or would we need to take a taxi?

Thank you all again and thanks to all for your previous replies!

Karrrrrrren
      x

2 Answers Oct 18, 2009 at 5:20 AM
    • P.P.S.

by kbyrne Online Now Oct 1, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Up to what age is a child charged 'child' fare. My daughter is 14 - is she a child or an adult? Thanks again.

Karen

1 Answer Oct 1, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    • P.S.

by kbyrne Online Now Oct 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Sorry, meant returning from Brasov FRIDAY morning, not Thursday!

Karen

2 Answers Oct 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    • Trains from Sighisoara to Brasov (and back again)

by kbyrne Online Now Oct 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Hi

We want to travel from SIghisoara to Brasov on a Wednesday morning returning on Friday morning.

What times are the trains (leaving Sighisoara about 10.00), how long is the journey and what is the fare? Do we have to book in advance and can we use any train from Brasov for the return or do we have to take a specific train? We would like to return leaving Brasov around 10.00 on the Thursday morning.

Also is there a Romanian rail website that I could use (in English :-)))

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Karen

2 Answers Oct 1, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    • sugar74's Profile Photo

over-night bus

by sugar74 Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Hi guys, is there an over-night bus from Sighisoara to Bucahrest? If not which other place is good to see in the area on my way back to Bucharest. On my way there I will be stopping at Brasov and Bran so it will be nice to see something else on way back. Thanks for your help

2 Answers Oct 22, 2008 at 3:53 AM
    • Accomodations In Sighisoarra

by michaelmorley Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 7:12 AM

What is going on in Sighisoara on April 25,2008 ? My wife and I are looking for a double room and everything is booked (everyone I have contacted) suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance, Mike Morley

2 Answers Mar 3, 2008 at 7:25 AM
    • agustiah's Profile Photo

Festival of Medieval Art 2007

by agustiah Online Now May 20, 2007 at 1:51 AM

Hello, anybody know when will be the exact date of Sighisoara's Festival of Medieval Art this year?

Thanks
      Tiah

1 Answer May 20, 2007 at 5:09 AM
    • Renting in or around Sighisoara

by spookyyank Online Now Jun 18, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Hello all,

I'm looking into spending several months (about 6) in Sighisoara with my 2 year old daughter. I've searched for rental listings, but came up with nothing. Where should I look?
      Also, what is the protocol for American's staying in Romania?

2 Answers Jun 18, 2006 at 11:10 PM
    • andronemi's Profile Photo

Medieval Festival of Sighisoara, Romania

by andronemi Online Now Jun 22, 2005 at 2:23 AM

Hi there,

If you plan to visit Romania at the end of July, Sighisoara - the best preserved medieval fortress in Europe, will wait for tourists come in.

July 29-31, 2005
      Sighisoara
      Festival of Medieval Arts and Crafts “Medieval Sighisoara” - music, film, paintings, customs and tradition.

Accommodation in camping inside the burg town, or motel Dracula (the legendary place where Vlad the Impaler was born) for as less as 29 euros/double room.
      Terrace and restaurant with cheap beer and traditional cuisine.
      Join us at info@dracularesorts.com

Regards,
      Michaela

2 Answers May 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM
    • How much does a house or a flat cost in sighisoara?

by peejroo Online Now Jan 7, 2005 at 4:53 PM

Hello Freinds, I am in love with Sighisoara, and I was very curious to know how much a 3 bedroom house would cost in that place? I would also like to know how much a 2-3 bedroom flat would cost around the citadel or not too far away? I would appreciatte some reliable information that I can trust.. Thankyou

7 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • Hiring a car and driver in Sighisoara

by kehkeh Online Now Jan 7, 2005 at 4:43 PM

Are there any Car and Drivers for hire in Sighisoara? If there is , please let me know. I would like to know what your prices are daily. Thankyou

2 Answers Jan 8, 2005 at 9:34 PM
    • Renting an apartment in Sighisoara

by kehkeh Online Now Jan 7, 2005 at 4:39 PM

Hello ! I went to Sighisoara last year, and I am planning to go again this september. I would therefore like to know if anyone knows of a small cheap apartment I can rent ,which is fully furnished for one week or possibly two weeks? I love Sighisoara so much, and i would like to be able to buy food and cook for myself and my partner. It gets boring eating in the same Resturants, and I prefer to cook . If anyone has any suggestions please let us know. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2005 at 6:43 AM