Sierra Vista

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• April 2015

Grand Canyon National Park Yesterday

I would appreciate some advice. In April we are doing an LA road trip and this will include a visit to Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Our plan is to drive to the GC from Vegas and stay one night before heading back to LA via Phoenix. Can you advice what is the best Rim for us to visit at the Canyon and will one night be enough time or should we allow 2 taking into account the drive from Vegas. Also can you recommend accommodation.

more
    • things to do

Flagstaff Dec 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM

What is there to do in the winter? We'll be there christmas week.

more
    • gogaPutnica's Profile Photo

Tucson by bike

Tucson Dec 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hi, I'm a single mom with 9y.o. son, we are from Europe. We'll be in Tucson for a week in April 2015. We'll have to connect Roadrunner hostel with: Hilton el con (Oro valley) - conference, and museums (desert, Pima air&space), and Flandrau observatory.
      As I prefer bike rental instead of car, my question is: are these routes feasible by bike? I like biking, I adore it. Thank you all in advance! Bye

more
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Pro Bowl Newbies

Phoenix Dec 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM

We will be coming to Phoenix for the Pro Bowl from Texas.
      Yes, we know it is in Glendale, however, having NEVER BEEN to any part of Arizona to vacation, I am needing to know:

What is the best area of Phoenix to stay in… Downtown Phoenix, or Midtown area or …
      We are looking to book hotels and would like to be able to do a bit of walking to dinner and such too!..
      2 couples, "young at heart"….

Thanks a bunch,
      whereonext…

more
    • Christmas Dinner

Flagstaff Dec 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Where can we order a Christmas dinner for takeout while we are there at christmas?

more
    • Travel from Tucson to Yuma To SanDiego on I-10 & I-8

Tucson Dec 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Need to know what precaution to take while driving on this road for my trip to Yuma and San Diego? Any Cell Phone reception duting the trip? Any robberies? Never been to this part of the country. Any Gas Station?? What precaution to take while driving? Day trip or night recommended??

more
    • curious just wondering

by CyntbabyM Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Is there anything fun to do at night in sierra vista

2 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    • Bearusa's Profile Photo

motorcycling

by Bearusa Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My wife and I are thinking strongly of retiring in about 10 years to Sierra Vista and I'm looking for a place and climate that will let me ride year round. Is Sierra Vista such a place?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    • Looking for Vegetarian Markets and Restaurants

by iddqd87 Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 2:42 AM

I am moving to Sierra Vista next month for my job and I am a vegetarian. I found a few places that provide food for my diet but would like to know more. I am specifically looking for a place that I can buy bulk tofu... because the packs at Wal-Mart aren't cheap (and not very much to choose from). Also looking for dining options and any grocers that would have vegetarian options. Any advice is welcomed and very much appreciated!

I really hope I am posting in the right place, thanks so much.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    • tara23's Profile Photo

Moving to Fort Huachuca

by tara23 Online Now Aug 12, 2008 at 2:00 PM

My husband and I are moving to Huchuca in December, I am just curious if this town is really as dead boreing as I am expecting. I would also like to attempt to meet a few locals in the area, is there a chat room available or are any of you locals crazy enough to meet a person who feels like she is going into exile lol. I am a HUGE fan of deserts in general, so no matter how bad the place is I am sure to find a million interesting things.... I see the last post was in 2003 lol, is anyone still out there reading these?

2 Answers Aug 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    • hmwright13's Profile Photo

Greyhawk Ranch

by hmwright13 Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 2:18 PM

Has anyone heard of Greyhawk Ranch? I am a den leader and would like to take our boys (den 4 from pack 429) hiking on the 27th of April. I was told Greyhawk Ranch is great and there is a beaver dam on the property, but I cannot find it! Please help. This would be a great activity for my cub scouts, now that the weather is so lovely. Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2003 at 7:14 PM
    • Road to Sierra Vista

by kimmy9 Online Now Jan 22, 2003 at 9:25 AM

Hi, In February we plan to visit Tucson and then drive up to Sierra Vista. I have a great fear of heights. Is the drive really steep? Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 23, 2003 at 6:36 AM