Sierra Vista

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Recommendations for family visit

Payson Jun 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM

We want to visit next w/end (Fri.-Mon.) with the family, 2 adults, 2 boys (13, 15). Any recommendations?

more
    • places to buy art in Jerome

Jerome Jul 1, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Are there art galleries in Jerome and if so, what address?

more
    • driving to southern or western part of GC is better?

Grand Canyon Jun 30, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Is it safe or any risk to pay attention?
      Thank you in advance.
      Pls reply to iamokthankyou@gmail.com
      Best regards
      Peter
      Hong Kong

more
    • best day driving spots to hit

Flagstaff Jun 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM

just in PHX for business and thought I'd take a quick drive up to flagstaff, what's the must see that fits a day trip back and forth?

more
    • Where to buy tickets?

Grand Canyon National Park Jul 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I am visiting the Grand Canyon in a few weeks. My hotel is in Tusayan and I am planning to go by bus to the GC visitor center. According to the park's homepage, a valid park pass must already be presented when entering the bus. The homepage (nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/f...) further says that passes are sold in several businesses in Tusayan, e.g. the IMAX theater.

However, if I got it correctly, then only Vehicle passes are sold in Tusayan but no individual permits. Thus I was wondering where I can get such a pass. The only option I see currently is to walk from Tusayan to the park entrance, buy the ticket, walk back to Tusayan and enter the bus. But this is certainly not how it's intended. I could not find the possibility for online purchases either.

Thanks in advance for any advices.

more
    • Sunset tours by plane

Grand Canyon National Park Jun 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I want to book a sunset tour to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on Thursday 3 July. Scenic Tours has a tour that leaves Las Vegas at 12.30 pm. Can I assume we'd see the sunset if we took this tour?

more
    • Dlee's Profile Photo

Peoria, Arizona to Santa Cruz, CA

Arizona Jun 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Driving from Peoria, AZ to Santa Cruz, CA on Monday. What would be the best way to drive there? Not looking to stop along the way, just want to get there.

more
    • Transport to Flagstaff

Williams Jun 20, 2014 at 5:34 AM

We (4 of us) will be staying in Williams for 3 nights in August via Amtrak ex Chicago. Have booked the Grand Canyon railway and we don't have other transport . Our problem seems to be getting transport from Williams to Flagstaff to take our flight out at midday. The shuttle service times are unsuitable . Are taxis available and if so could you advise the approximate cost for 4 people with luggage. Thanks so much

more
    • Bearusa's Profile Photo

motorcycling

by Bearusa Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My wife and I are thinking strongly of retiring in about 10 years to Sierra Vista and I'm looking for a place and climate that will let me ride year round. Is Sierra Vista such a place?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    • Looking for Vegetarian Markets and Restaurants

by iddqd87 Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 2:42 AM

I am moving to Sierra Vista next month for my job and I am a vegetarian. I found a few places that provide food for my diet but would like to know more. I am specifically looking for a place that I can buy bulk tofu... because the packs at Wal-Mart aren't cheap (and not very much to choose from). Also looking for dining options and any grocers that would have vegetarian options. Any advice is welcomed and very much appreciated!

I really hope I am posting in the right place, thanks so much.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    • tara23's Profile Photo

Moving to Fort Huachuca

by tara23 Online Now Aug 12, 2008 at 2:00 PM

My husband and I are moving to Huchuca in December, I am just curious if this town is really as dead boreing as I am expecting. I would also like to attempt to meet a few locals in the area, is there a chat room available or are any of you locals crazy enough to meet a person who feels like she is going into exile lol. I am a HUGE fan of deserts in general, so no matter how bad the place is I am sure to find a million interesting things.... I see the last post was in 2003 lol, is anyone still out there reading these?

2 Answers Aug 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    • hmwright13's Profile Photo

Greyhawk Ranch

by hmwright13 Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 2:18 PM

Has anyone heard of Greyhawk Ranch? I am a den leader and would like to take our boys (den 4 from pack 429) hiking on the 27th of April. I was told Greyhawk Ranch is great and there is a beaver dam on the property, but I cannot find it! Please help. This would be a great activity for my cub scouts, now that the weather is so lovely. Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2003 at 7:14 PM
    • Road to Sierra Vista

by kimmy9 Online Now Jan 22, 2003 at 9:25 AM

Hi, In February we plan to visit Tucson and then drive up to Sierra Vista. I have a great fear of heights. Is the drive really steep? Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 23, 2003 at 6:36 AM