change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Sierra Leone Travel Answer Locations

• Staying on Banana Island and Community Service

Sierra Leone Mar 18, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Are there opportunities to do some type of volunteer work in Freetown? Also, is the Daltons Banana Island Guest House a good place to stay if I'm interested in fishing and exploring the environment?

1 Answer Mar 22, 2014 at 3:02 AM
    • Want travel to Sierra Leone

Sierra Leone Mar 11, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Hello just looking for travel experiences in this country could anyone help me? thanks

1 Answer Mar 11, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • Where to watch NFL Games

Freetown Jan 18, 2014 at 6:15 AM

I need a place to watch the NFL playoffs tomorrow and the Super Bowl in 2 weeks. Any ideas? Or I need a place I can go with my laptop with strong wifi so I can live-stream the games. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Where to watch the Super Bowl?

Sierra Leone Jan 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Is there anywhere in Freetown to watch the Super Bowl live?

1 Answer Jan 31, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    • Information about Javouhey house

Sierra Leone Nov 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Is there a telephone number/email address for Javouhey house hote/guesthouse /

1 Answer Nov 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • Tobacco in Freetown

Sierra Leone Oct 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Hi guys

where in Freetown can I go for tobacco, I am over there on business soon but when I was out previously I could not find any amber leaf or golden virginia

cheers

1 Answer Oct 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • miltonj12's Profile Photo

Tour guide

Sierra Leone Aug 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Anyone have an email address for a trustable tour guide in freetown? thx

• miltonj12's Profile Photo

Is it safe as a tourist?

Freetown Aug 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Hi. Planning to visit Freetown for 3 days purely as a tourist. I have no contacts there whatsoever. Is it fairly safe to travel there as a young white american?

• maretravel's Profile Photo

Questions about life in Sierra Leone, W Africa

Sierra Leone May 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My husband got a new job in Sierra Leone, W Africa, and we are about to move there for 2 years. We will be in Makeni, a region in the centre of the country, 3 hours from Freetown. I am a vegetarian so I am concerned there will not be a good selection of fresh vegtables in Freetown, or anywhere.Does anyone know if there are international-standard super markets there? I would also like to know if there are any decent international standard restaurants, hair salons, english book stores, or any expatriate clubs in Freetown. I welcome any advice or expat information of on how life is for a foreigner in Sierra Leone. Thank you.

1 Answer May 29, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • maretravel's Profile Photo

Info request - food and other conviences in Sierra Leone

Sierra Leone Apr 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Hi All - Mu husband is beign posted to Makeni, in central SL, and so we will be living there for 2 years. I am a vegetarian so Im wondering if anyone knows if there is ample choice of fresh vegtables, and if so, which ones? Also, does anyone know if there are international-standard restaurants and hair/beauty salons in Freetown? Are there english bookstores and DVDs? Can international-standard home accessoriess , kitchenware, and chemist items be found in at least Freetown, or is it advisable to ship everything from my home country? Any advice is much appreciated!

1 Answer Apr 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • Juniormarvin35's Profile Photo

Visiting Freetown, Sierra Leone

Sierra Leone Apr 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Hi everyone,
      Is anyone here or you know of anyone that is planing to visit Sierra Leone this April?

1 Answer May 1, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    • Looking for Guide to Hire

Sierra Leone Dec 6, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I am planning a trip to Freeport, SL in early February 2012 and would like to hire a guide for the 4 or 5 days I'll spend there. If anyone knows where I could find such a person, please send a private email to me at LH28500@gmail.com.

Thank you...

2 Answers Jan 19, 2013 at 2:58 AM
    • Recent Travel

Sierra Leone Apr 19, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Has anyone been to Sierra Leone recently? This year? Any information about safety, visas etc. ?

3 Answers Jul 5, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    • Anti-Malaria drugs

Sierra Leone Jan 24, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Hello,

I will be moving to Sierra Leone for a year. My doctor has suggested I take primaquine as a preventative medication. I am somewhat reluctant to take anti-malarial medication for such a long period of time. In addition, I have come accross indications that chloroquine-resistant forms of malaria are present in Sierra Leone, which, if I have understood correctly, means that priamquine would be ineffective.

Does anyone have any advice to offer regarding long-term anti-malaria drugs?

4 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM
    • Dangers

Sierra Leone Nov 12, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Could you or someone be more specific about dangers in Sierra Leone? A family member may be traveling there in February as a part of a charitable group's efforts with counseling for injured patients, inspection of the medical facilities, etc. My understanding is that they will be in direct contact with top governmental officials while in Sierra Leone, if that makes a difference.
      Thanks for any feedback.
      Mike

1 Answer Apr 16, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    • mujgabi's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Freetown for about a month

Freetown Jul 25, 2007 at 10:24 AM

Hi all, i will be in Freetown for around a month this fall and i was wondering if anybody could help with a cheap solution for accomodation for this period. Back in Mali i used to live with a family who had their own small ‘family hostel’ and this is what i have in mind, if anybody can help with a direct contact. If not, any other kind of cheaper accomodation would be just great. Any other good tips regarding the city (including good shopping traditional african artifacts tips, couse i’m so fond of them) but not only, are very much appreciated.

1 Answer Feb 11, 2008 at 1:04 AM
    • travel information

Kono Town Jan 27, 2007 at 7:42 AM

the name of the governor in kono and the travel hours from kono to kambia districts and the names popular mountains and the names the place people fetch water and the type of food they eat.

• tourist information

Kono Town Jan 27, 2007 at 7:35 AM

the popular roads in kono districts?

• wls3's Profile Photo

Info on Port Loko?

Sierra Leone Aug 18, 2006 at 10:34 AM

Dear all - I'm looking for some up-to-date info on Port Loko for engineering proposal. Specifically:

1. What is road like between there and Lungi Int'l Airport? Hard surface? Good condition? Time between the two?

2. What is the topography/terrain like in/around Port Loko? Any hills or mountains between there and Freetown/Lungi, or anything else that might be a problem for trucks?

3. Is clean water, in bulk/tanker, available in Port Loko?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• vodolaz's Profile Photo

Collector needs help !

Sierra Leone Aug 5, 2005 at 12:04 PM

Hi everybody ! I collect beer labels almost 20 years... Who is in Sierra Leone now or may be going soon , please be so kind to get for my collection some beer paper labels or beer mats ! I will be much obliged to you
      Thanks in advance ,
      D

• Just will like to know...

Sierra Leone Apr 14, 2005 at 11:11 AM

Hi everyone. Nice to be in the VT. Im doing my project and assignment and perhaps I'II will be attached to Freetown for a month. Here is the question=(Is the Late Dr.Edward Taylor was the personal adviser to the former head of state in Sierra Leone??). I've appreciate if you guys could help me with this question. Many tks......

• sierra leone safety

Sierra Leone Apr 15, 2004 at 1:57 AM

my boyfriend is being posted to freetown in sierra leone for six months. am worried abt safety conditions. can someone tgell me if it is very unsafe there? also, what is best and safest place to stay? (hotels? which one?) thanx

1 Answer Jul 28, 2005 at 5:40 AM
    • sierra leone safety

Sierra Leone Apr 15, 2004 at 1:53 AM

my boyfriend is going to be posted to freetown, sierra leone for six months. am worried abt safety conditions. can anyone tell me how safe or unsafe it is?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2004 at 7:53 AM