Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• directions

by rosamez Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

how to get to Florence airport from Siena

more
    • Picking up a rental car in Siena

by claypc Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Coming in from Florence by bus, where is the car rental area? And, is it better to stay in town without the car first and rent it as we go outwards towards country areas? Was thinking Siena would be a good base and use the car when we wanted to explore other
      towns and return each day to Siena. Got any better ideas? thanks

more
    • driving from pisa to siena

by Italyforhoneymoon Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I'm renting a car in florence and driving around for 7 days visiting lots of countryside. What I am wondering is, if i want to make my way down to Sorrento by train, is it ideal to drive to siena from pisa and enjoy the route, drop of the car in siena and then train to sorrento? Looking to not have to go back to florence to return the car but be close enough to a train station that will take me to sorrento!

more
    • driving from pisa to siena

by Italyforhoneymoon Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I'm renting a car in florence and driving around for 7 days visiting lots of countryside. What I am wondering is, if i want to make my way down to Sorrento by train, is it ideal to drive to siena from pisa and enjoy the route, drop of the car in siena and then train to sorrento? Looking to not have to go back to florence to return the car but be close enough to a train station that will take me to sorrento!

10 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • directions

by rosamez Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

how to get to Florence airport from Siena

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Picking up a rental car in Siena

by claypc Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Coming in from Florence by bus, where is the car rental area? And, is it better to stay in town without the car first and rent it as we go outwards towards country areas? Was thinking Siena would be a good base and use the car when we wanted to explore other
      towns and return each day to Siena. Got any better ideas? thanks

5 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • how long to stay in siena..

by pp73 Online Now May 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I am interested to hear people's views about the 'right' amount of time to stay in Siena? I know this subjective, but if I am also visiting Florence and Umbria for a couple of weeks, therefore eliminating the need to travel to too many places from Siena..would 5 days be more than enough??? Thanks in advance….

13 Answers May 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    • Mass times at the Duomo?

by edwardmroz Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM

We will be there 9/28/2014.

What time is Mass?

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • Pinger in Italy

by wanderlustig Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Does anyone know for sure whether the Pinger phone/texting app is supported in Italy? We live in the US and will soon be in Italy (Rome and Siena) for three weeks. I would like to avoid international charges on my iphone. But I can't seem to find a website that tells me if Italy has Pinger. The app is free and it looks like you can call and text to the US from many countries free of charge with WiFi. But I can't find a way to know if Italy is one of those countries. Thanks for any help you can give!

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    • Parking for Il Chiostro del Carmine hotel

by stevekukla Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 7:56 AM

The parking area for Il Chiostro del Carmine hotel guests is located on Via Ettore Bastianini. Do you need a special Z.T.L. permit to enter that road?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

Train change in Chiusi

by diana_renou Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I'm trying to buy train tickets from Rome to Siena on June from trenitalia.com but the train has a change in Chiusi, I'd have 5 minute to make the change of train to Siena in Chiusi. Is this enough time? Do the trains run on schedule? Many thanks for any advice!!!

7 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • Siena Railway Station from Borgo la Chiusa

by wanderlustig Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Does anyone know how to get to the Siena railway station from Borgo la Chiusa, which is near Siena? From what I can tell from the directions to the Borgo, the Borgo is west and a little South of Siena (very close to Siena) just off of SS73 Aretina. The directions to the Borgo, where we will be staying, say "exit at Siena Ovest and turn right on SS73 Aretina". We are driving to the Borgo, but want to take the train to Florence and back for a couple of days and would like to know how we can get to the train station from the Borgo. We can't seem to find directions on the internet . We can't even figure it out on our map. Thank you for any help you can give. We want to take the train, not the bus, because we won't be leaving from the city center of Siena and a travel companion will have to take us to the station.

3 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 1:28 AM
    • Church Service on Easter Sunday in Siena

by wanderlustig Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Does anyone know where and at what time we could attend church services in Siena on Easter Sunday? Thank you in advance!

10 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    • Easter in Siena

by wanderlustig Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 7:41 PM

We will be in Siena for Easter of 2014. We would like to go to church on Easter Sunday and we would like to see any local pageants or festivities. Any advice? Also, we have heard about a cheese-rolling in Tuscany on Easter Monday (little Easter). Does anyone know where it is and how far it is from Siena?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    • Train to Rome

by echoy217 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Is this easy to do? How long does it take? How much does it cost? Can you reserve seats?

7 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    • Hotel in Siena

by gioraeytan Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM

hello,
      Looking for a good hotel in Siena city center with parking.
      Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    • Train travel

by Wewander Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM

We are travelling from Siena to Milan by train later this year and we'll have 2 med/large cases with us; how good are the trains and is there a place to put the cases?

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • Tour Company

by inthepeg Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Need a tour company for day trip to Chianti region and San Gimigianano. Would like a small group or bus tour - not a private driver.

2 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Studying Italian in Siena

by Joyhobbs Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I'm thinking of trying the university for foreigners in sept. 2014 to study Italian. Anyone been to this school? What was your experience? I went to the same university in Perugia a few years ago and had a beautiful time. Just wondering about Siena..

• Do you know this property?

by wanderlustig Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

We are considering renting, directly from the owner, a villa at Borgo Chiusa, which is advertised as being just outside Siena. Does anyone know this property? If so, is it nice? Thanks for any help you can give!

1 Answer Nov 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM
    • Taxi. or ... in Seina

by JulieSeaborn Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hi there! We are leaving Rome on a Sunday and finding it difficult to rent a car - all closed - so thinking next best option is train from Rome to Seina, then taking a taxi to our hotel outside Seina (10KM away), and returning Monday to rent a car. Thoughts? Our hotel is 10KM from Seina - we were going to rent a car for four days to get to Orvieto, Assissi, etc. Thoughts and suggestions are so very welcome! Thanks in advance. -

5 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    • 1 Day Tours options from Siena to Chianti region ?

by Lagougouna Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM

We would like to find a 1 day tour in the Chianti region from Siena on a Sunday in October. Internet searches didn't help much so far. Anyone could recommend either a tour/excursion company or even a guide that could offer it ?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

From Pisa to Siena by public transportation

by diana_renou Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hi everybody!! Which is the best way to go from Pisa to Siena? How many days to spend in both cities? Thanks a lot for your help!!!

4 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    • staying outside the walls of sienna

by riverlee Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 4:18 AM

HI can we stay outside sienna and cycle to it ?? Where would be the best place to stay outside the walls that is near enough to cycle also? I am there with my daughter for five days only and would love to see the country side also . Is it very hilly to cycle or would it be ok. Would you say that a scotter would be better or more dangerous
      Moira

3 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    • traveling to Pienza on bus from Siena

by peggyaleggy Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Salve ! Would love to see Pienza via bus from Siena ( my fave city with this my 5th trip ! ) Are the buses reliable and how often per favore ? Grazie mille, Peggy

1 Answer Aug 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    • Siena to Assisi by bus in October?

by travellover18 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know about what buses will get you from Siena to Assisi? I checked on the Sitabus.it website and it says that there's a bus available this Saturday leaving at 5:30. However, when I checked for the October 12 date that I want, there's none available--I've also emailed the Sitabus info site and they also say that there's no buses connecting the two cities--is that true? Or is the website just not updated for a later date?

Thanks for the help!

4 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • Car and Driver

by winemeyer45 Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Can you recommend a company that will provide a small van and driver in Siena, to help explore the hill towns of Southern Tuscany?

3 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    • iccuf's Profile Photo

Palio

by iccuf Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Can someone tell me in which contrada the Hotel Athena is? I am staying here for the Palio in August. I would like to attend one of the blessing of the horses - any info is appreciated.

4 Answers Jun 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • Krakken232's Profile Photo

Siena - Arriving/Exploring/Renting a Car

by Krakken232 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Hello! We will be staying in an agriturismo near Siena for three nights in June, and we will be travelling there from Rome after having spent four nights in Rome. I'm trying to work out the logistics of what we want to do in my head and I am having troubles. Basically, we will be renting a car to get us to the agriturismo and spend the next two or three days driving all around Tuscany. BUT, I would also like to spend four or five hours exploring Siena's city center while we are there (since parking is apparently a nightmare, it made sense to me to have a time in Siena first, and rent our car after we're done). It seems to be working down to three options:

1) Take the train from Rome to Siena - good because the train station is close to the car rental place. Leave our two backpacks in storage lockers somewhere, bus into town, enjoy Siena, bus back down and take our car and leave.

2) Take the bus to Siena - good because it is less hassle and arrives in the middle of Siena. Don't really know what we would do with our packs all day (unless there are lockers somewhere in the city center), then take a bus down the hill to the car places, rent our car and leave.

3) Rent a car in Rome, drive straight to our agriturismo, then try and find parking and deal with the hassle of actually getting into Siena while already possessing our rental car.

Things to take into consideration are neither of us has ever been to Italy or driven in Europe before -- having our introduction to European driving being a three hour journey out of a huge city is daunting to me, to say the least. It seems like a lot of back and forth to rent the car in Siena (train station to town to train station to rental place, etc..., since from what I've read it's tough walking to Hertz or wherever from the train station due to the busy streets between them) -- but it can't be THAT bad can it? Any advice?

11 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    • Siena on a Sunday?

by Noreenfo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I will be in florence for 3 days in February 2013 and was wondering would you go to Siena on Sunday or is everything closed. .....

5 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Siena

by Papim2 Online Now Oct 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM

We,ve been in Italy now 12 days.. Going to Siena Monday, any good feed back..ps....we left Venice today and because of the rain the streets had 1 1/2 ft. Of water for 3 hours. Not that was an experience getting to train station.......great place

13 Answers Nov 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    • Ldeck3's Profile Photo

Bikes

by Ldeck3 Online Now May 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Is Siena a bike friendly town or is it too crowded? Thank you.

5 Answers May 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM
    • Futbol Match

by apricotflower25 Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Has anyone ever bought tickets to see AC Siena play? I would like to go to a game in April and am having a hard time figuring out how I could buy tickets ahead of time, if they are even available. Any insight would be great!

-Matthew

3 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 12:53 AM