Siena Travel Answers

change location

Siena on a Sunday?

by Noreenfo Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I will be in florence for 3 days in February 2013 and was wondering would you go to Siena on Sunday or is everything closed. .....

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Siena on a Sunday?

by xymmot Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I go, but the tourist are gone and there is less going on so some places will be closed for the season. People still live there and food shops will be open, but Italiains still observe their Sunday rituals.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM

most of everrything would be closed in February

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I was there for a 3 day weekend ie a public holiday on the Monday and I was busy each day - dont recall having any problems with not having anything to go to see including the public holiday when some museums were shut but some were still open. Just made it easier for me with my car as I could park in parking spots that cant be parked in during normal working days! and my visit was to see also a famous medieval parade so that was on too - it was an offpeak month near the end of winter as it snowed a bit on one occasion. Get a good guidebook such as the Rough Guide for Italy which i had - fantastic guide book. and that was alongside the DK eyewitness guide book for Italy and the LP for Europe. they have opening times for places you will want to visit

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

We were there on a Sunday- not much was closed. Even the small museums were open

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I would certainly go. As noted above, Monday is usually the day Italian sites/sights are closed. The only issue you might meet is that access to the Duomo and other churches will be more limited, as Sunday mass times are usually different. But that shouldn't be a major hurdle: you'll be able to visit before and after mass.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines