Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location
schmechi's Profile Photo

Early booking necessary for flight Siem Reap-Saigon?

by schmechi Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 5:05 AM

I'll visit Angkor in early March 2013 and I wonder, wether it is necessary to book the flight back to Saigon early in advance or do you think, that I'll be able to book the flight on the same date?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Early booking necessary for flight Siem Reap-Saigon?

by xymmot Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Most likely you can book on the same day without any problem and just pick up your ticket at the airport, but why wait, go to a travel agency when you have time and book a ticket a few days in advance to be sure. If you know the date of return, you can indeed rebook one at the airport after arrival. They are commuter hoppers anyway.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 6:19 AM

March and april is the time when you have the largest number of tour groups in that region and the Siem Reap - Saigon flight is very popular with tour groups, so i think you should book in advance.
    I work in the region myself and is right now in the process of finding flights exactly for that route for some groups in the future and all you need is 2-3 tour groups on the same plane and there is no space left for others.

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Booking in advance will generally save you some money, booking the of departure will generally cost you more.

• schmechi's Profile Photo

by schmechi Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Well, I do not know the exact date for my return, the only fixed date is my return flight to Vienna at March 4th from Saigon International... So it depends, how many days in advance I'll arrive in Sieam Reap and finish with Angkor Wat...I tend to spend a few days in Vietnam before leaving back home, but I can't estimate the exact date...

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 7:08 AM

If you are worried about this just book in advance and organise your trip around it, otherwise have you considered going by bus. Better to have a confirmed booking rather than being stuck for a day or two waiting for a flight.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines