Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location
pkfops's Profile Photo

Accessability

by pkfops Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM

We are planning a trip to Cambodia and two of our members have mobility problems.

Are the main attractions easily available?

Short walks, a mile or less?

thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Re: Accessability

by Bernd_L Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Most of the major temple districts are ample and sometimes the paths are rough. In some places it's also necessary to climb stairs if you want to see the interesting parts of the buildings.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

All major temples can be accesed quite easily as long as you are ready to look at them from the outside.
    If you start going inside the temples then you will find rough terrain and many stairs, but you should be ok there with your friend as he/she can just deicde when you get there if it's too hard and then stay by the entrance if it is.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 2:22 AM

All of the temples can be approached from the road by a tricycle, then usually a very short walk but i am afraid that several temples have extremely steep steps to the top and probably your friends may not be able to climb up. Even a fit person like myself had to be very careful climbing the steps. Some of the other temples there is some clambering around to do, but not to difficult. Even if your friends will be unable to fully access the monuments i believe that they will still enjoy it.

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I have mobility issues (walk with a cane fairly often) and I was able to visit and climb at a number of the sites. Some of the temples have steep stairs and may not be suitable, while others are less challanging.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines