Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location
Charlescm442534's Profile Photo

Cambodia Fruits

by Charlescm442534 Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Hello all,

I will be going to Siem Reap in early September. I am aware it is the rainy season and I am expected to get wet. This is the only time I can get there and cannot go home to the wife and kids this trip. I work overseas as an Expat, the question I have is what fruits are in season during this time, September 5th to 11th? I am a huge fan of Rambutan, Durian, Mangosteen, sapodilla (Never tried) ,milk fruit (Never tried), pineapple, papaya, and mangos.

Am I going to have difficulty eating these fresh delicious morsels?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Cambodia Fruits

by davidjo Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM

One of my favourites is the dragon fruit which should be available throughout the year, so try it. Sapodilla, durian, pineapple, papaya and mangosteen should be available now. Mango is usually harvested in the dry season and Rambutan at the end of the wet season but i am sure that they might be available at some places. I live in the Philippines which has similar fruit and i grow over twenty different fruits on my land so i am basing my advice on what is available here at the moment. You will find other fruits too. Don't know if the milk fruit you refer to is a star apple, but if it is then it will be the wrong time of the year.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

by qaminari Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Fruits available in September/October: athousandkilometers.blogspot...
    And (including milk fruit/star apple) in January/February: athousandkilometers.blogspot...
    Sapodilla (chikoo) is apparently called lamoot in Cambodia but I think you'll be too early for it.

• Charlescm442534's Profile Photo

by Charlescm442534 Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Thank you, this should be helpful. If I can still get Durian and Mangosteen I will consider is a successful mission. Little did I know that the begining of September is considered a dead spot for the harvest of the major cambodian fruits.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines