Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location
budsiris's Profile Photo

Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City by bus

by budsiris Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Hello guys, can anyone enlighten me i'll be in Siem Reap on Dec 8, 2011 Thurs around 4pm and plan to go Ho Chi Minh city on Dec 10 Saturday taking a night bus. These are my querries:

1. I don't want to waste time and start my tour when i arrive on Dec 8, anyone can help me for my itinerary so that i will maximize my stay in SR.

2. Is it safe to take the night bus and what are the bus that go direct to saigon? How long it will take for me to reach Saigon?

3. Is there any budget airlines aside from Vietnam Airlines that charged USD170 for one way?

4. Do i need to hire a tour guide and tuktuk or the tuktuk driver will be our tour guide also? what is the average rate for tuktuk per day?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cochinjew's Profile Photo

Re: Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City by bus

by cochinjew Online Now Oct 23, 2011 at 12:03 PM

By the time you arrive at your hotel, it would be 5 30 pm to 6 pm. Have your hotel pick you up at the airport. most of them can arrange also a tuk tuk for your three day stay. you will have to buy a three day ticket to Angkor, even though the evening entrance would be free.
    First night go and watch the sunset
    second do the inner circle of temples
    third day do the outer circle of temples
    you read up on the temples in a good book, dont expect tuk tuk drivers or taxi drivers to know in depth about the temples, if you want to know them in depth. if you want just superficial info, they will give it to you. Perhaps one day you can hire a guide since your experience of the temples would be multipled manyfold if someone explains it to you
    By the way currently Siem Reap is under flood waters not as bad as Bangkok but many of the hotels are closing because of lack of business, and you can see the central part of town including the old market under water on photos or youtube in the Net.

leave for HCMC at night..
    I am not sure of the time tables and once again you can get that information from the hotel.

try to get in touch with mandalayinn in siemreap, and the owners possibly can arrange for you an itinerary that you want

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • schurman23's Profile Photo

Re: Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City by bus

by schurman23 Online Now Nov 3, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Hi there if you're good on maps and you're not so much into learning the history of the temples you visit then you won't need a tour guide just hire a tuktuk to bring you to your destinations. But if you want to maximize your stay at siem reap I recommend you hire a tour guide. The
    published rates for Angkor tours are the following: tour guide-25$ per day, tuktuk-
    13$ per day and 3-day pass at Angkor temples-40$.
    The tour guide arranged the places we have to visit we simply told him our
    personal preferences and our time constraints since we only have two days to
    tour around.

• Re: Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City by bus

by gamma28md Online Now Dec 21, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Our guesthouse, Siem Reap Riverside Hotel arranged for us to go by minibus to Bangkok, for tuk tuk to meet us at the airport, for a guide ( Absolutely the best way to see Angkor Wat!!), foot massages. They could advise about travel to Ho chi Minh City

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines