Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location

bus from siem reap to kratie

by travellingrose Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Is it possible to get a bus from SR to Kratie- direct or a change needed? Or will we have to go via Phnomn Penh. Any recommendations on bus company which is eliable/ does not overcrowd/ has a/c and a toilet - which works!! Can ticket be bought in advance? Will it be OK to buy in PP 2 to 3 days before travel?

Any advice appreciated

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cochinjew's Profile Photo

Re: bus from siem reap to kratie

by cochinjew Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Mekong Express to Kampong Cham and then another bus to Kratie. It may take the entire day to do it. Mekong Express is airconditioned and comfortable.
    I enjoyed very much my visit to Kratie with its hotels facing the Mekong and of course the most visited Tourist Attraction!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • planxty's Profile Photo

Re: bus from siem reap to kratie

by planxty Online Now Oct 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I am not sure about that route particularly, but as a general comment on buses in that region, A/C is easy enoughto get now on the major routes although onboard toilets are harder to come by. However, do not panic, as there are always frequent stops at places with toilets.

• Re: bus from siem reap to kratie

by travellingrose Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for both replies - reassuring re buses- and sounds like a day stopover at least in Kratie is worthwhile. Thanks

• Re: bus from siem reap to kratie

by ubuyshirtfromme Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 7:27 PM

No can do. The trip from SR to KC tkes 5 hours; the bus for Kratie will already have left. You will either have to spend the nightin KC or else hire a very expensive taxi.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines