Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location
crisgastardo's Profile Photo

Step into Angkor Wat: a Dream Come True

by crisgastardo Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I already booked a flight from Manila, Philippines to Saigon, Vietnam this coming August 26 to 31, 2011. This will be my second time to Saigon and so I decided to proceed to Siem Reap to see in real life the Angkor Wat, which I used to see in pictures, in books, in TV and in movies. I am again travelling on tight budget, so I won't be flying from Saigon to Siem Reap. I will be arriving HCMC airport early dawn of August 27 and I wish I could go straight to Siem Reap. Would it be possible that I will reach Siem Reap on the same day? Which bus is best to ride, I mean comfortable and non-stop? Which is better accomodation in Siem Reap for a night's stay? Please help me plan my budget trip and make it enjoyable. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: Step into Angkor Wat: a Dream Come True

by Homanded Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 6:36 AM

I believe the bus takes about 12-14 hours to arrive and costs around USD25.00.
    It also makes 2 stops? I am remembering this from some past research when we considered a similar trip
    By comparison, check with Bangkok Air or other carriers. Sometimes you can pick up specials for as low as USD50.00 for same travel and be there within the hour. (to me, worth it)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Step into Angkor Wat: a Dream Come True

by stripe78 Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM

First of all I would wish that I could get the experience of visiting Angkor Wat for the first time again, its breathtaking and you should look forward to it indeed!!

Like every thing else down there, going from Saigon to Siem reap takes time, but you can take a bus from Saigon to Phnom phen and from Phnom phen there is a speed ferry to Siem reap. I think its 10 or 15 for the ferry and it takes around 4 hours. cool trip though! you can lay down on the deck and see the landscape fly by in highspeed.

I think the busride from Saigon to Phnom Phen was 4 hours also.

I wrote a traveljournal when I was there, so I will dig it up and get back to you

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines