Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location
poepat's Profile Photo

HELP PLEASE FOR ITINERARY

by poepat Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Hi all we are still planing our holiday of lifetime for next feb - april 2012.
The latter part is sorted regarding location. Here is my question on this forum. We will be arriving in Kuala lumpur mid Feb 2012 for a couple of weeks and are taking in the Perhentian Islands for a few days then want to fly to Siem Reap for a few days before returning to KL ond flying onto OZ.
So what is a good itinerary for Siem Reap, We want to see the temples, floating villages and anything else really that will make it a memorable part of our holiday.
Many thanks
Poepat

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: HELP PLEASE FOR ITINERARY

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Most people to to Siem Reap to see the ruined Khymer temple complexes. Depending on your interests, you could spend a day doing this, or a week. One, three and seven day passes are sold for the main complex.

Some images and videos from our trip:

"The Temples at Angkor Thom" - Angkor Wat by GrumpyDiver

"Siem Reap and environs" - Phumi Siem Reab by GrumpyDiver

There are some cruises into the water villages and Tonle Sap. We were there towards the end of the dry season (March) and this tour was not running at the time. Friends had gone and were disappointed as things were not at all "authentic", but I can't really comment.

Most people head to Angkor Wat itself, but it was not our favourite. Ta Prohm and the Bayon were much nicer. Beng Mealea, which really takes a day trip due to the distance, is not restored and still overrun by the jungle was wonderful.

Kbal Spean is a carved riverbed, about 1-1/2 hours from Siem Reap. Hard work to get there. Interesting site, but you have to be determined to visit it.

A word of warning: April is the hottest month, and March is not far behind. Keep that in mind when planning your activities.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

by AlbuqRay Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I have a five day itinerary on my Siem Reap web page. Were I to do it again, I would substitute a day trip to Beng Mealea and Koh Ker on Day 5.

• priVaTeer115's Profile Photo

by priVaTeer115 Online Now Nov 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Good day,
    A bit off topic, but here an insight for Perhentian Islands. Food there is very expensive. Not that they are ripping you, coz being an island food are delivery thru speed boat hence the high prices. So if I may, bring plenty of bottle drinks and snacks to keep cost low. All in all its a wonderful place. I'm driving out to SR in Dec 2011 if all goes well. Drop me a mail and I can update you if my trip is successful.... Cheers..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines