Siem Reap Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay in Siam Reap

by Travel_bug123 Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM

I'm off the siam reap for 4 days in January next year and wondering if anybody has any ideas of nice place to stay, we have a budget of70-80 AUD. Can anybody help?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay in Siam Reap

by AlbuqRay Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 4:50 AM

The Bopha Angkor Hotel is within your budget and it's in a convenient loaction across the river from the Old Market and Pub Street district. I personally stay at the Mandalay Inn which is a more budget accommodation but also has an excellent location and is very good value. If you prefer a small guest house, take a look at Ei8ht Rooms. I have more information on each of these places in my Phumi Siem Reap tips.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • stedeb's Profile Photo

by stedeb Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Check out Somadevi usually get a good price on Wotif.com gorgeous pool area good breakfast and nice rooms either facing the road or overlooking the pool in the main street near the markets central to most things.

• Re: Where to stay in Siam Reap

by DenisOB Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM

In 2004 we stayed at the Bopha Angor. We found it it to be very good value and I think now they have a swimming pool as well. We had a motor bike trailer driver take us from the front door of the hotel all around Angor Wat and back again for a very reasonable price. The hotel staff were very friendly and the setting was very pleasant. On our experience I would reccomend it.

• tara_miller11's Profile Photo

by tara_miller11 Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I lived in Cambodia for 2 months and its an amazing place. I have a community organisation in Siem Reap if you are interested in that kind of thing. We basically sponsor a village and offer volunteer opportunities, or you can meet the children needing educational sponsorship.

If you want advice on where to stay let me know. I used New Riveside Hotel (www.riversideroom.com) but pre booked with Sopheap at siemreaptuktuk@yahoo.com, that way i could picked up, transported to the hotel and had temple transport without being surrounded by people begging for my business :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines