Sidi Bou Said

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• cross chott el jerid on salt track

Chott El Jerid Jun 18, 2014 at 10:04 PM

hello, i would like to know if there is a practicable salt track or dirt track other than the main road? if so , could you please post a map of it ? Thank you!

(chott el jerid... i am on my way)

more
    • hikerroeland's Profile Photo

excursions from Nabeur?

Nabeul Jun 30, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Are there any good day excursions from Nabeur?
      Are there guided day excursions from Nabeur?
      any good organisation that do day excursions from Nabeur?

more
    • Travel to Tunisia - several questions

Tunisia Jun 28, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Hello. We are planning to visit Tunisia next year, and everything about the country looks appealing to me - culture, people, archaeological sites, desert...
      1, Plan to travel by car and wondering if it is possible to drive everywhere. I believe you can't have a car in the medina. Is there safe parking?
      2. In Douz, depending on time , would like to take short camel ride into desert. Not sure we have time to overnight in desert. Is it possible / easy to find a short trip by camel, or horse?
      3. In the south, near the Ksars, it looks like the road may not be paved(?) , can you drive by car to the Ksars?
      4. I was watching a nice travel video on Tunisia, and several people who had visited recently commented that they were very put off by how rude people were. I am a believer that you get what you give, so I hope this is not the case. I always have a great time whenever I travel, and am hoping the same for a trip to Tunisia.
      Thanks for your responses!

more
    • looking for good nightlife

Tunisia Jun 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Hello
      Can you tell me where the best place for nightlife is in Tunisia ?
      Hammamet, Sousse or Tunis?

Thankyou

more
    • Safe for young female?

Tunisia Yesterday

Hi. I am hoping to visit Tunisia in August. I will be going with 3 guy friends and we are staying with friends from Sfax. I just wondered if it is safe for a young while female? My parents have concerns about kidnappings and terrorism after reading government warnings for the South of the country. Thanks

more
    • local food

Tunis Jun 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM

What is the typical daily food like - my daughter is visiting for 2 months

more
    • Taxi for 4 persons with luggage

Tunis Jul 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM

How much from carthage airport to a city hotel?
      thank you in advance,

more
    • turism Tax

Sousse Jul 8, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Has anybody been in Tunisia this year. I that true you need to pay a turism tax?

more
    • Hammamet Tunisia trips

Hammamet Jul 5, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I am due to travel to Hammamet in October staying at the Les Oranges Hotel. Thomas Cook is trying to get me to purchase trips before leaving saying I will save money. Is this true and have we chosen a good hotel? Many thanks

more
    • single women

Tunisia Jun 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Are you likely to get hassle from local men if you don't have any male companions?

more

Near Sidi Bou Said

• walking in Sidi with wheelchair

by lea.leyssens Online Now Jan 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Is it possible to walk in Sidi Bou Said with a person in a wheelchair.
      We will be there with a taxidriver.
      Can we have amap of the city.
      Thanks

• ceremonie de mariage

by gcagman Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 2:17 AM

Nous sommes un couple turc. Nous planifions de se marier en Tunisie. Nous allons venir d'Istanbul au mois d'Octobre.
      Nous cherchons un bon restaurant avec une terasse, qui a peut être une vue de mer. Bien sur un resto avec de la musique. ( musique francophone&orientale, peut etre des chansons françaises comme Patrick Bruel -cafe des delices- etc. ) Nous serions très très contents si vous pouviez nous conseiller une place pour une petite wedding de 15-20 personnes. merci beaucoup
      Meilleurs salutations,
      gcagman@sisecam.com

• sunshinehappy's Profile Photo

best way to get from skanes to sidi bou said?

by sunshinehappy Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 11:47 AM

hi, can anyone tell me how much a taxi from skanes to sidi bou said would be?? or if anyone can give me tips on how to get from skanes to sidi bou said? have been tunisia twice and about to go back for third time this sunday(8th april) and really want to visit this place-it sounds beautiful. thanks, sunshinehappy

2 Answers Apr 5, 2007 at 1:48 PM
    • bf9mw's Profile Photo

Hotel recommendation

by bf9mw Online Now Jan 16, 2006 at 8:06 AM

I will be going to Sidi Bou Said in JUne (hot I know)and I can't seem to find any recommended hotels. I am not sure of the layout of the town Is the beach within walking distance from town? I am not sure whether to stay near the beach or in town. I would like a charming questhouse with air conditioning. I do not like four star hotels(too impersonal) but i do enjoy some comfort and local flavor. Anyone have any suggestions. I will be alone (though I am a 55 year old woman - I have had alot of experience in the Middle East but never Tunisia. Is it safe for a woman to be walking alone in the town during the day or elsewhere? What is the proper attire? Are sundresses appropiate or do arms need to be covered?

12 Answers Sep 7, 2007 at 4:43 AM
    • herbie64's Profile Photo

Time in Sidi Bou Said

by herbie64 Online Now Aug 16, 2004 at 9:31 AM

Hello everybody I'm planning to spend some time in Sidi Bou Said - proberly next year ,if things work out. Has anyone been there recently that would like to comment on the good and bad side of things there. Perhaps a nice place to stay (inexpensive ,if possible) and a recommended cafe/restaurant. I would guess that it's not the livliest place on earth, but sometimes that can be a good thing! If anybody is interested, I know a really cheap hotel in Sousse and I have also spent some time in Tarbarka. Thanks in anticipation. Happy travels - always.

• sidi bou said

by lagazelle101 Online Now Jun 17, 2003 at 9:10 AM

I would like to know adress for hotel or accomodation, in the village? I will be at hammamet for 1 month and i like to stay few night in sidi bou said. I was in tunisia 2 times before, in 1998 and 2000! thank you

1 Answer Jun 20, 2003 at 2:54 PM