Sicilia Travel Answers

change location

Family Holiday Suggestions

by leesville Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Hi We are two adults and two children (pre-teen & young teens). We've enjoyed Sicily before (see my post on the Tonnara di Bonagia in Valderice near Trapani). In July we visit Sicily again for 2 weeks, staying 8 nights in Villa Hotel Belvedere Taormina, then we require 5 nights, possibly in Western Sicily (but we are open to other areas too) so i am seeking advice and recommendations on that sector of the stay. We will have a car and spend our final night in Trapani itself as we have an early morning flight. We have been to Segesta and Erice and loved both. We were charmed by Scopello. I stayed in Catania years ago and loved it but we don't want to stay in a city till Trapani on our last night. I also stayed in Cefalu years ago - loved its history but, my memory of the beach is disappointing. I would love to see or Selinunte (?) or Agrigento but picture Agrigento as being somewhere where tour coaches stay for a couple of nights and move on. Any of the islands would be interesting too. Our priority is a good pool, near the sea and a hotel either within walking distance of a town with restaurants or else with a very good but reasonable restaurant. Tennis would be really great but not essential. A resort hotel would be lovely or a hotel with charm and character. Tonnara di Bonagia was an NH hotel when we stayed in a wonderful apartment there and enjoyed breakfast at the hotel. It ticked all the boxes but communication with the hotel now is slow and the cost has nearly doubled since we stayed last. Any advice welcome. We want to stay the 5 days in one place to relax as it's a pain having to move again for the last night in Trapani. Any tips for our last night in Trapani appreciated too. Clean, central and reasonable as we shall be leaving at about 4am to go to the airport. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Sicilia Travel Answer Locations