Sibiu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dracula shopping?

Targoviste Apr 10, 2014 at 4:13 AM

I'm in targoviste for the first time, the guidebooks said this is one of the Romanian towns that has capitalized on the Dracula connection the most. I'm a vampire fan, and I like to find cute little gift shops to buy this stuff, but I'm not having any luck. What area of town do I go to?

more
    • Wool shops

Bucharest Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Is there anywhere in Bucharest I can buy wool for knitting.

more
    • Please, give me an advice ...

Bucharest Yesterday

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • SoumyaB's Profile Photo

Confused regarding tour plan

Romania Mar 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi...
      Could anyone please give me an idea on how much time I should keep aside to visit these places: Bucharest, Sighisoara, Brasov, Timisoara or Cluj. We would like if any of you can provide us with a definite tour plan. We would also like to include some other places inside Romania and maybe Budapest and/or Prague. Our journey would be of 12 days approximately. Also being students we would like to travel with a tight budget,
      SB

more
    • re. Bar Perla (cafe Perla) Bvd. Unirii, nr 16,

by alinacd Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM

To whom it may concern,
      Do you know or visited a bar in Sibiu called Bar Perla (cafe Perla);
      address Bvd. Unirii, nr 16, Sibiu.
      Thank you,

Alon

6 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • fsulaw's Profile Photo

are taxi drivers honest?

by fsulaw Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I have been reading about how dishonest Bucharest taxi drivers are and I wonder if Sibiu drivers are as bad. Two of us need to get from the train station to the Hilton (and back), and I would like suggestions on the best, and cheapest way to do that.
      Thank you,

6 Answers 14 hours ago
    • night life in sibiu

by lizardking46 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 6:57 PM

r there x rated strip clubs there

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    • cost of a lunch time meal and bus fare

by weinerdog33 Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I will be in Sibiu for 10 days..meals will be provided for breakfast and dinner. I will be traveling from city cehter to all parts of Sibiu/humanitarian outreach..just getting my money together.. Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    • cost of living for 1 meal and bus fare

by weinerdog33 Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I will be staying in Sibiu for 10 days and will be responsible for my lunch meal and for my bus fare. Can you give me an approximate cost? If I have 5 outstanding places to see
      around Sibiu? Suggestions please?

Thanks so much EM.

3 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    • DAO's Profile Photo

Brazov or Sighisoara

by DAO Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if Brazov or Sighisoara could be done as a day trip from Sibiu? Train ? Bus?

Thanks,

DAO

10 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Pension Casa Romana.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM

It is located at Str. General Magheru n. 40. Is it far from the city center?

3 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 2:19 AM
    • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Getting from Sibiu to Budapest

by Roadquill Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Now that my busy season is over I am trying to figure the logistics of getting to and from Sibiu for the VT euromeet. I would like to visit Budapest afterwards. It looks like there is an all-day train that leaves in the morning and gets to Budapest around 17:00, or one has to go to Bucharest or fly back out to Vienna or Munich. Any other suggestions? If I take the train, can I expect to be able to purchase the tickets easily a couple of days in advance? Thanks all, Karl

16 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    • Sibiu to Suceava

by esseanv Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 6:30 AM

How to travel from Sibiu to Suceava and vice versa? The quickest and cheapest way pls. how much would it cost and how long would the journey be?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Budget accomodation in Sibiu.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Hello!

Could you suggest a nice affordable bed and breakfast or hotel not far from the center of Sibiu?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Some questions.

by Maurizioago Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I will probably attend the next Euro meeting in Sibiu, next june.

How long do you recommend to stay in town to see the main sights at leisure.

Could you suggest some day trips from Sibiu?

Where can I spend some days after the meeting in Sibiu? Let's say three or four days.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

4 Answers Jan 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Purchasing bus tickets

by RedHeadRomeo Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I will be in Sibiu for several days and would like to take a bus to some of the villages to the west. How do I go about purchasing bus tickets? Do I just go to the station beforehand or is there a time in advance I need to purchase? I visited the bus website but it's in Romanian when I try to advance purchase.

Thank you and I look forward to visiting next week!

6 Answers Sep 3, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

SIBIU, SIGHISOARA & BRASOV PAID ATTRACTIONS

by anitayusof Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Hello...I will be visiting Sibiu, Sighisoara & Brasov in December. At the moment, I am planning on my travel budget. There are too many attractions to visit, and some are quite pricey (in my money). Apart from the free attractions, what are the paid must sees that you think I should not miss? Any idea on the entrance fees @ websites are very much appreciated. My interest is war museums, or anything related to war sites etc, art galleries (not modern art though, I prefer the older ones), castles / palaces, architecture, gardens / parks, mountain, snow.... Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

Drum 7C (Sebes-almost Sibiu) trough Munti Cindrel and Munti Lotrului?

by 68maciek Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Buna ziua,

It's hard to imagine my holidays without few days in Romania.
      This time I would like to follow the mountain car road Sebes-Sibiu (a junction from Transalpina route). I'd like to stay in cabana close to the pass. Which cabana do you reccommend? I'd like to have oneday hiking tour there (preferably a kind of loop).Any idea please?

Multumesc,

Maciek

4 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM
    • codrutz's Profile Photo

Sibiu Post-Euromeeting 2010 in Krakow

by codrutz Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 3:47 AM

In June 2010, after the Euromeet in Krakow you are invited to Sibiu, Romania. The updated informations, traveling to Sibiu, accommodation, schedule of events will be posted on the meeting page:

meetings.virtualtourist.com/...

Please sign up for the Sibiu meeting so we can better evaluate accommodation and other necessary arrangements.

Here in the forums you can ask questions and request more info to be added to the meeting page.

Don't forget to check out the discussion about Krakow 2010 Euromeet:

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

And the VT page of Sibiu:

Sibiu Travel Guide

Your hosts,
      Petruta, Delia_Madalina and yours truly

121 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    • belgrade to sibiu

by doldol Online Now Dec 4, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Hello, there.

I have a flight to catch in Timisoara, and thought 'why not have a look around Romania?'
      To be honest, i have no idea about where to go and what to do in Romania since it wasn't on my plan. I have 7-10 days in Romania. I love just wondering around without aim(not sight seeing! no shopping!) and i heard place called Sibiu and Sighisoara. It sounds nice to me.

I am in Belgrade at the moment, i know there are train to timisoara from here. I am now wondering if there is a train to Sibiu or sighisoara from here and rough price of it. So far i found(from a comment posted in 2007) i have to change at timisoara and than continue to sibiu.
      Also is it possible to visit Sighisoara from sibiu for a day trip?

It would be great if any one can help me with this matter.
      Many thanks. Hope you have a nice day.

6 Answers Dec 5, 2008 at 1:31 PM
    • Day Trip From Sibiu

by eltont Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Hello everyone,
      I'll be visiting Sibiu in June this year for 3 Nights.The first day I will spend in Sibiu itself,the third I will visit the Astra Folk Museum on the out skirts of town.What is the best day trip to do from Sibiu on my spare day,taking into consideration that I would have already visited Sighisoara,Brasov and their surroundings beforehand and will not have my own car.
      Cheers.

3 Answers Feb 27, 2008 at 3:17 AM
    • VITORPORTUGAL's Profile Photo

Hiiiii

by VITORPORTUGAL Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Hi, im going to Sibiu in January and i would love to meet some people from there before. Please add me on MSN: vitorsmendes@hotmail.com
      Pupici**** ;0)

• PTadin's Profile Photo

"Dinner at the Peasants" in Sibiel

by PTadin Online Now Aug 5, 2005 at 8:42 AM

Does anyone have a recomendation to have a dinner at the peasants in Sibiel, near Sibiu? I've seen this offered by many tour companies, but have found very little on the web. I am planning on bringing a group to Romania and I want to take them there for the experience. I've also heard about this type of dinner being offered at a farmhouse in the area of Sibiel so any info. on this would be great, too.

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 20, 2006 at 4:55 AM
    • Renting an apartment

by chaknee Online Now Sep 22, 2003 at 3:14 AM

Any advice on renting a place in Sibiu? I 'll be there for the next four months but haven't had much luck yet since I can't speak Romanian. Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 10, 2009 at 4:01 AM
    • nightlife

by hpshk2000 Online Now Jun 9, 2003 at 4:32 PM

I whant to now evry thing about nightlife in sibiu

1 Answer Jun 10, 2003 at 4:57 AM