Sibiu Travel Answers

change location
Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Some questions.

by Maurizioago Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I will probably attend the next Euro meeting in Sibiu, next june.

How long do you recommend to stay in town to see the main sights at leisure.

Could you suggest some day trips from Sibiu?

Where can I spend some days after the meeting in Sibiu? Let's say three or four days.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • joiwatani's Profile Photo

Re: Some questions.

by joiwatani Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Hoping to go there, too! I will check out answers on your page!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

by Maurizioago Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Yesterday I read you signed to the meeting Jo. I hope to meet you there!!!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

by LoriPori Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Maurizio, this answer from Codrutz might help you with your plans for the Sibiu Meet.
    " I have received a good question today and I'll explain here about how many days(nights) should you book for Sibiu.

1. For participating only to the main event, you should book 4 nights, checkin on the 20th and checkout on the 24th;
    2. Monday on 24th there is a daytrip by bus to Alba Iulia returning to Sibiu in the evening so if you sign up for that you should book 5 nights (checkin 20th, checkout 25th);
    3. Tuesday on 25th there is a trip to Brasov (another former fortress city but different than Sibiu), Bran (the legendary castle of count Dracula), Sighisoara (birth place of count Dracula), Rasnov (fortress near Brasov) or Sinaia (Peles castle). The night will be in Brasov, then the following day (26th) you can go either back to Sibiu and take return flight or go further places (UNESCO sites like painted monasteries in Bucovina or wooden churches in Maramures) or continue to Bucharest (capital) where you can take a direct flight home.

Please help me see what is your plan by signing up to the after meeting trips and then I will discuss about exact routes, groups, accomodation, return flights."

We will be in Sibiu for a total of 10 days - a few days before the Meet and a few days after the meet.

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo

by white_smallstar Online Now Jan 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Hi guys

It is wonderful to see so many friends which will attend to the next Euro meeting in Sibiu.
    I have the same question of Maurizio as I want to spend about 10 days in total in that occasion, some of them in Romania but I’m also planning to go in Ukraine (especially Lviv) even if that is only an idea so far. If there is someone who is thinking something similar, please let me know.

See you soon

*Nico*

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sibiu