Sibiu Travel Answers

change location

Purchasing bus tickets

by RedHeadRomeo Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I will be in Sibiu for several days and would like to take a bus to some of the villages to the west. How do I go about purchasing bus tickets? Do I just go to the station beforehand or is there a time in advance I need to purchase? I visited the bus website but it's in Romanian when I try to advance purchase.

Thank you and I look forward to visiting next week!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Purchasing bus tickets

by mihai_ardc Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Man u don`t need to rush for buying tickets. they are cheep and can be found here right before u`ll go.
    visit my homepage for more info`s about romanian road trips . http://www.schoollife.ro

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • S.Cunis's Profile Photo

Re: Purchasing bus tickets

by S.Cunis Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Hi, did you try the official website www.sibiu.ro ? They also have versions in English and German. They have a lot of tourist information, including infos about getting around.
    Try this page: turism.sibiu.ro/en/deplasare...
    Here you should find everything about local transport.

Should you try the tursib page, well this is in Romanian, but the following overview nevertheless, should be helpful:
    http://www.tursib.ro/index.php?page=22
    They have different selling points (=puncte de vanzare),
    they show the table of office hours (=orar),
    and the word "inchis" means "closed" ;-)

Well, I hope this will help you ...

1 member found this helpful

• taseg's Profile Photo

by taseg Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 5:15 AM

No need to book tickets in advance, you can get them at the bus station but be there with at least 15-20 minutes before the bus leaves.

Tursib is Sibiu's urban transport operator, all its routes (except one) are located inside the city. The buses to villages around Sibiu are mostly operated by Transmixt ( http://www.transmixt.ro/ ); the site does have an online booking tool (click on "Rezervari On-Line") but it doesn't actually work, it only shows the timetable.

Be the first to rate this answer!

by RedHeadRomeo Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Thank you. I've been to the site and it does give the times and have been using it to evaluate travel options.

On that note, I've been thinking of visiting the Marginimea Sibiului area. Anyone have opinions? I'd like to visit a couple via the bus system rather than renting a car. Do I purchase a ticket for each stop? Say I want to visit Poiana Sibiului but would like to stop in Saliste? Can I buy a ticket for the Poinana and stop in Saliste? Or would I need to purchase separate tickets?

Thank you if you can provide any information.

• taseg's Profile Photo

by taseg Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM

You have to buy separate tickets for each part of the trip (one ticket for Sibiu to Saliste and another one from Saliste to Poiana Sibiului).

by RedHeadRomeo Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Thanks again!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sibiu