Sibiu Travel Answers

change location

Day Trip From Sibiu

by eltont Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Hello everyone,
I'll be visiting Sibiu in June this year for 3 Nights.The first day I will spend in Sibiu itself,the third I will visit the Astra Folk Museum on the out skirts of town.What is the best day trip to do from Sibiu on my spare day,taking into consideration that I would have already visited Sighisoara,Brasov and their surroundings beforehand and will not have my own car.
Cheers.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • taseg's Profile Photo

Re: Day Trip From Sibiu

by taseg Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 11:16 AM

You could head south across the Carpathian mountains towards Ramnicu Valcea (a rather long 2 1/2 hours by train, but it's through the spectacular Olt valley) and on to Horezu (a small town one hour away from Ramnicu Valcea by bus) to see the remarkable 17th century monastery there (it's a UNESCO world heritage site) there and sample the traditional pottery made in that region.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alan1972's Profile Photo

Re: Day Trip From Sibiu

by alan1972 Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 1:05 PM

I spent a day in the villages and small towns of Rasinari, Cisnadie, and Cisnadioara south of Sibiu, using a mixture of local buses and walking on country roads. I really enjoyed it in a low-key way, there aren't any major sights, just a couple of fortified churches and a taste of rural Romania.

• Re: Day Trip From Sibiu

by eltont Online Now Feb 27, 2008 at 3:17 AM

Thanks for everyones ideas.Has anyone done the Avrig,Carta and Balea lake route?
    I have seen it offered as a trip from Sibiu and it sounds like a good day out.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sibiu