Siauliai Travel Answers

change location

Kaunas - to Siauliai

by otieno Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM

hallo, can someone tell me how it is possible to come from kaunas to siauliai?!?!
I shall land at the airport at 22.00 pm. Is there a possibility with train in the night - or to stay near the airport?
thank you
christa

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Kaunas - to Siauliai

by leics Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 10:01 AM

According to the reliable:

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

the last train to Siauliai leaves at 1645, so you will almost certainly need to stay the night in Kaunas.

autobusubilietai.lt/index.ph...

will give you bus timetables in English. Last bus from Kaunas is at 2000.

It will be easy enough to get transport into Kaunas and find a hotel there. I used www.booking.com which is a reliable site with honest guest reviews.

It will be better to go into Kaunas and stay there, as bus and train depart from there rather than the airport itself. Choose a hotel near the railway station (the bus station is also nearby) as both are a long walk from Kaunas Old Town.

You'll find bus info & timetables from the airport to Kaunas here;

kaunas-airport.lt/index.php?...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Kaunas - to Siauliai

by otieno Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Thank you very, very much for your helpful answer! Now I feel much easier to go there!
    thank you and good night!
    Christa

• Venelin's Profile Photo

Re: Kaunas - to Siauliai

by Venelin Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 12:15 PM

There is also one single bus, 29E that leaves the airport very late at night, 23:45 on holidays and 0:30 on weekdays, so it is another cheaper option to get to town instead of taking a taxi, although you might have to inform your hotel that you'll arrive around 1am. Of course, this cuts your sleep by two hours :(

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Siauliai