Shropshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transit Visa Requirements

Heathrow Aug 26, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Hi, I am travelling from USA to Mumbai India with a 2hr stopover at Heathrow Airport to connect to my next flight. I do not have to cross any border control or immigration and my luggage will be checked in to Mumbai, India. I have an Indian passport, and an EAD (I-765) /AP (I-512) from USCIS/Department of Homeland Security and I797 (H1B approval). I am travelling back to my home country with a valid Indian passport. Do I really need to get a transit visa for Heathrow and why?

more
    • live music

Saint Ives Aug 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hi guys, where is the best place in St Ives to experience live music. Rock, folk, blues etc.?
      thanks Tara

more
    • Pubs near Hastings Crematorium

Hastings Aug 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Got to go to a cremation at 1.30 pm - looking for somewhere that serves reasonable food with parking as near as possible to the crematorium - ideally somewhere that starts serving at 11.30 am. All suggestions gratefully appreciated. Don't want to have the hassle of parking in the town and then walking to restaurant/pub

more
    • Best Pub for real ale and best wine bar in Skipton

Skipton 22 hours ago

I'm visiting Skipton with some chums on 19th September can you advise which you consider is the best pub for real ale and best wine bar in Skipton for us to meet at and their locations, please?
      Many thanks, Jim Brotherhood - james@jba-architects.co.uk

more
    • Gluten Free

Mevagissey Aug 21, 2014 at 4:05 AM

re there any bars/restaurants that can cater for gluten free diet (13 yrs old)!

more
    • Birthday Ideas

Bury Saint Edmunds Aug 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

after ideas for my wifes birthday when we will be staying in Bury St Edmunds, something unusual, any ideas or recommendations, would be of great help.

more
    • shop in Hebden Bridge

Hebden Bridge Aug 16, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Name of the little shop that sells fancy lights and shiny stuff

more
    • lIVER BIRDS

Liverpool Aug 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM

I HAVE A PRINT OF THE LIVER BUILDING WITHOUT THE BIRDS ON TOP. THERE IS SCAFFOLDING AROUND FOR THE BIRDS TO BE FITTED ON, AND A MAN ON A LADDER, COULD YOU TELL M ANYTHING ABOUT THE HISTORY

more
    • Anjuschka's Profile Photo

Freightliners Farm, Sheringham Road, London

London Aug 15, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Has anyone been to Freightliners Farm in London... I just read about it and thought that's a nice place.

I could imagine to visit it when I'm in London in November. What do you think and what can you tell me about it...

more
    • meeting points

Heathrow Sep 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I am arriving at Terminal 4. My friend is arriving at Terminal 3. Where should we meet to board the Heathrow Express?

more
    • prisoner's Profile Photo

No Hills please

Scarborough Sep 3, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Looking for a cheap b&b near the front. No hills please as I'll be with a wheel chair user. Thanks.

more
    • International arrival at Term2 for connecting flight Term1

Heathrow Sep 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I cannot seem to find the pedestrian link between above terminals on any map, it would appear that you walk down from Term 2 Level arrivals to ground floor and follow the purple signs to Term 1 Level 1 departures?

more
    • immigration for transit passenger

Heathrow Aug 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I have got 5 hrs transition at LHR on my way to USA from Dubai. I am a canadian passport holder. Can I come out of immigration to see a friend in LHR?

more
    • holiday inn hotel

London 10 hours ago

hi is it nice straford area,is it easy to reach city center
      thanks

more
    • public transportation

London Sep 6, 2014 at 2:52 AM

hi we r 3 adults what is the best public transportation in londo ,affordable
      is there famil cards
      I will stay 3 days
      thanks

more
    • tansit visa

Heathrow Aug 25, 2014 at 6:59 AM

I have a Canadian visa (and my family as well) and I want to travel to Canada by two different airways company. the first one is Tunisia airways to heathrow london. after around 24 hours, I will leave to Canada on british airways flight. the two flights are in separated tickets. will that work? do I need a transit visa? can I get it in the airport? will it make a different if a stay inside the airport or I leave for the night?

more
    • Nice villages to stay near Oxford

Oxford Aug 15, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Hi

We are travelling down from North Lincolnshire to Dorset and would like to stop off both on the way there and the way back to break up the journey. We will be going via the A34 past Oxford and wondered whether anyone would be able to suggest any nice villages (not to far from the A34), with a good pub and possibly a nice walk we could do. If anyone also knows of good accommodation this would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • accomodation for 3 adults near st pancras station

London Sep 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM

hi we will leave paris by train stay in London 1day ,any idea affordable accomadation near station in London just to sleep
      thanks

more
    • Anjuschka's Profile Photo

London -Finsbury Park

London Aug 31, 2014 at 9:49 AM

When I came to London in the 1990s I always stayed in Finsbury Park. I also loved the park itself.
      I wanna go there again when I'm in London in November

Can anyone tell me if the Finsbury Park is still worth a visit and what else is to be seen there?

I will visit the Hampstead Heath area first and intend to go to Finsbury Park later.
      I have a fond memmory of it but don't know exactly what's going on there now

more
    • Traveling to UK with British children and Egyptian wife

Heathrow Aug 28, 2014 at 4:18 AM

My children and I have UK passports and are travelling to UK with their mother who is Egyptian.can she accompany us through the UK and eu passport section?

more
    • two days in london leaving at 8pm to airport

London Sep 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I will come from paris by Eurostar ,stay 2 nights in London;

hi
      1-which place area to stay affordable we are family 3 adults
      2-best way to use public transport
      3-i prefer hotel easy to reach heathrow airport by public transport ,or do u know about shared shuttle to airport

thanks

more
    • Best taxi service

Polperro Sep 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM

What is the best taxi service from Liskeard train station to Polperro if one is arriving after the last bus service

more
    • Buses from Kingston to gatwick airport.

Kingston upon Thames Aug 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Hello! I just want to ask whether there are buses which travel from Kingston upon Thames to gatwick airport at 4 or 5 am. Also do you know how much time I need to get there by bus? I saw on Google that the distance is approximately 30 to 40minutes. Is that right? I want to book my friend's air tickets and the flight to return is at 7.15 in the morning. Thank you for your time! :)

more
    • Walking safety at 3 am around Victoria station

London Aug 19, 2014 at 1:05 AM

I need to catch an early morning flight from Gatwick. To catch that flight I need to walk from London SW1 ( Westminister Abbey) to Victoria station to catch Gatwick express at 3.30 AM from Victoria.
      It it advisable to walk which is about a KM? I don't mind taking a cab but bit worried that on Friday night/Sat Morning whether a Cabbie will be interested in a such a short fare.
      Can somebody help?

more
    • Orton Mere

Peterborough Aug 16, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Where is Orton Mere ? Was there a settlement here prior to the arrival of the railway? Does anyone know which parish it would have been in during the 18th and 19th century Regards

more
    • Wacky ideas ludlow

Ludlow Dec 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Looking for a fun wacky idea for a wedding party of 6 for afternoon activity prior to evening reception. Must be clean, want to stay in wedding attire. Anyone who can help.

2 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • Views from Ludlow Castle

Ludlow Dec 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Is it possible to see the market place and cross from the castle walls? How far away is the market place from the castle.

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

Shrewsbury / Ironbridge by public transport

Ironbridge May 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Evening all. How would you get from Shrewsbury to Ironbridge (and back) by public transport, on a Saturday, in June? Or on a Sunday? I'd like to do a day trip on one of those days. I guess Saturday would be easier. Thanks. L

5 Answers May 25, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    • dogs

Ludlow Apr 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Are there any pubs serving food in ludlow that accept 1xwell behaved small dog

10 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 3:22 AM
    • driving route help needed.....

Shropshire Jun 21, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Will be driving from Keswick to Shrewsbury in late July.

Would like advice on a route that will allow me to make 1 or 2 stops along the way to see something interesting...( historic site, unique city, museum, park, etc)......

Is it worth a side trip to Liverpool or Manchester?

Will be doing the drive in a single day.

Thanks!

11 Answers Jun 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    • good place to eat friday night

Shrewsbury Jul 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Hi
      I am travelling to shresbury to meet my husband and spend the evening together. Interested in spending a chilled evening together and would like to have recommendations for a good organic/vegetarian restaurant or pub or a good pub/restaurant with good food and atmosphere.
      recommendations please
      thanks
      K

5 Answers Aug 29, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    • telford to birmingham airport

Telford Feb 5, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Hi,
      I need to travel from telford to Birmingham airport this weekend. usually do this by train , but was wondering if the trains were cancelled due to this recent snow will there be buses provided??

2 Answers Feb 5, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    • irish147's Profile Photo

Any B&B's not far from Telford International Centre

Telford Nov 20, 2007 at 8:04 AM

I'm going over for the snooker, and not too far away from TIC

thanks
      mike

• irish147's Profile Photo

Telford to/from Birmingham airport?

Telford Nov 10, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Hello
      I am going to the snooker in Telford in Dec

Can I get a bus from the airport to Telford?

ta

4 Answers Nov 14, 2007 at 9:53 AM
    • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Ironbridge priorities and getting around

Shropshire Jan 13, 2006 at 8:15 AM

Having looked at VT pages, there isn't much on Salop at all and I have always wanted to go there. Opportunity could present itself soon and I plan to then see Ludlow and Shrewsbury as well as Ironbridge. Would that be the gems or am I missing something (being early spring, hill trekking is out of the question for me)?

Another question is how you get around by public transport? I would combine it with Manchester for work reasons so which town is easiest to reach from it and would that be good to have as a base in general? Is there a county bus pass or something? Can you only get to Ironbridge via Telford? Lots and lots of questions... :) Oh, and what are the priorities at Ironbridge. Hubby would accompany me and is interested in all engineeering history so no problem there but as for me and the seven-year-old? I understand there is a historical centre with shops etc. but what else for her? There seems to be so much to chose from.

10 Answers Nov 5, 2006 at 5:31 PM
    • CanadianGlenn's Profile Photo

Looking for contact in Ludlow, Shropshire, England

Ludlow Jul 21, 2003 at 11:52 PM

I have found my familyroots to Ludlow Shropshire 1831. It would be great to see if I can get a copy of their marraige certificaate to see their parnets names,... It would be also greea ot see if their is in fact family there still. Glenn

1 Answer Oct 17, 2004 at 4:11 PM