Shrewsbury Travel Answers

change location

good place to eat friday night

by kirkmeister Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Hi
I am travelling to shresbury to meet my husband and spend the evening together. Interested in spending a chilled evening together and would like to have recommendations for a good organic/vegetarian restaurant or pub or a good pub/restaurant with good food and atmosphere.
recommendations please
thanks
K

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: good place to eat friday night

by zuriga Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Morgan's gets good reviews.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: good place to eat friday night

by kirkmeister Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Hey thanks!
    thats really interesting - is that morgans at the Exchange? If so, that's where we are staying! Do we need to book a table or is it bar food and you just turn up?
    ta loads
    K

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Wish I knew... I just got the name from a website. We drove past Shrewsbury a week ago but didn't stop at all. A good place to check these things is at www.chowhound.com (UK/Ireland section). People there are very helpful. I've been using their London advice for a few years, and they are spot on.

• Re: good place to eat friday night

by kirkmeister Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Zuriga
    thanks for your info on chow hound sounds great - willcheck it out

We stayed at morgans at the exchange and room was small but really clean and well kitted out. staff really really helpful friendly and responsive. If you want an early night at the weekend and wont be out late clubbing or something its best to ask for an upstairs room as there is no sound proofing allowed on the beautiful old windows and so noise travels in as drunken debris hits the streets.
    Food was not bad - reasonable but not great e.g white cabbage in a Greek Salad is a bit unusual!!

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I'm just back from visiting my kids in the States. I didn't realize how much I miss ranch dressing and good hamburgers. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines