Shreveport Travel Answers

change location
Rican27's Profile Photo

What to do?

by Rican27 Online Now Dec 9, 2005 at 11:12 PM

I just recently got stationed here from Germany(bummer)and was wanting to know what there is to do here. I know it is not like being in Europe but I am already bored and do not like to gamble. Any help??
-Carlos

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • blueskiedanclear's Profile Photo

RE: What to do?

by blueskiedanclear Online Now Dec 12, 2005 at 9:11 AM

There's always drag-racing on the Clyde-Fant Parkway.

Seriously though, I was bored with Shreveport long before I ever left (it's my hometown) and after living in Europe for several years, I dread even visiting. My years there were mostly spent trying to get as far away as possible. What sort of thing do you like to do? Feel free to msg me, I'll help as much as I can.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • atufft's Profile Photo

RE: What to do?

by atufft Online Now Dec 12, 2005 at 9:48 PM

You are stuck in one of the lessor interesting places in Louisiana. I'd head strait to New Orleans and see what's happening in the French Quarter. Your right, it's not like Europe, but you should be able to beat German food. The food there rivals the French in sophistication, and that doesn't mean you'll have to pay a king's ransom to dine. Along the gulf coast should be plenty of lower price Cajun/Creole restaurants. I'm traveling there this winter myself, so I've done my research. It seems that a closer place to visit would be the plantation houses of Natchitoches and other little tourist towns. The swamp boat tours are around everywhere the wetlands are, so look around and see how close one is.

• atufft's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What to do?

by atufft Online Now Jan 7, 2006 at 6:27 PM

Thanks for the follow-up to my inquiry. Unfortunately, we have already returned home and can't take advantage of advice. However, we loved our visit to Louisiana. Natchitoches turned out to be a very pleasant place to stay a couple of days. We visited the old town and plantations in the area. Within a week or so I should have images and text posted at virtualtourist.com.

• atufft's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What to do?

by atufft Online Now Jan 7, 2006 at 6:28 PM

Whoops! I made a mistake. This was originally another member's inquiry, but I did appreciate the input by members. Check out my contributions of images and text within the next week.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines