Shkoder

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ATM machines

Durres Jul 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Are ATM machines reliable and plentiful?

more
    • Tirana-Skopje

Tirana Jun 19, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Hello,
      What is the easiest way to go to Skopje from Tirana? Is there a direct bus between two places? If yes, what is the timetable?
      Thanks

more
    • babylonpink's Profile Photo

What is the currency?

Albania Jun 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Do I need to get Lek or can you use Euro?

more
    • Traveling from calabria to tirana

Durres Jun 25, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Not sure what is the best route? A bus to Bari then then the ferry and train from Durres to Tirana? Or a flight from Bari to Tirana? Female travelling alone and scared!

more
    • 10 Day Itinerary in October

Albania Jul 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Hey Everyone

My apologies if this has been asked before but I need a little help trying to plan a trip for myself and my husband this October. We are travelling the 20th October into Tirana Departing the same airport the 30th October.

Any advice or a rough itinerary of what not to miss would be awesome, we really want to get a feel for the place but are not the kind of people to sit on a beach but would love to see some of the coastline.

This will be my husbands first time travelling anywhere and my first time planning a trip alone.

Thanks for your help in advance.

more
    • Shortest car itinerary from Budva (Montenegro) to Sarandë

Albania Jun 16, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Hi Virtualtourist!

Me and my girlfriend are traveling by car in Croatia, Montenegro and Albania now in June. Since we are on a quite tight schedule we wonder what the fastest route from Budva to Sarandë is?Google Maps suggest E851 towards Durres and then SH4/SH8 along the coast down to Sarandë. I have also read that this is a quite scenic route. However, is it doable in one day? How long time do you think it takes? We are using a quite small car, how are the roads?

Other tips on things to see and do in Sarandë would also be nice, we have for example heard a lot about Ksamil!

Thank you!

Kind regards,
      Jonathan

more
    • nl11454's Profile Photo

Way to Greece

Konispol Jul 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

We want to drive from Ksamil to Igoumenitsa with a Mercedes Sprinter.
      Is that possible?

Thanks

more
    • Car Rental in Shkodra

by BAnnie Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Hello, can one rent a car in Shkodra?

Thank you,
      Barbara

• Juanlanza's Profile Photo

transport from Shkodra to Dubrovnik

by Juanlanza Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I will be in Shkodra by the end of July for a couple of days. What I have todo to go to Dubrovnik from there? Thank you

3 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    • Transport from Shkoder to Berat or Saranda

by pakaga Online Now May 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Can anybody help me and write are there any buses from Shkoder to Berat or Saranda? and at what time?

3 Answers May 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Best budget accomodation in Shkoder?

by Drugness Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Hello all
      From what I can tell, there is only 1 hostel in Shkoder and it's a little bit outside the city if i understand correctly. Does anyone know of any good budget accomodation which is more central?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM
    • Shkodra to Bajram Curri

by Glenshiro Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I'm hoping to visit BC from Shkodra via L Komani. What time (and from where) do furgons leave Shkodra, and what time do they return? And is it possible to drive from Shkodra to Rinas airport in 2 hours?

Thanks!

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Shkoder - Podgorica/Niksic

by Drugness Online Now Dec 25, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Hello all
      Reading the posts below, there is talk of a bus route opening between the Shkoder and Podgorica. Has this opened yet by any chance? I've read about getting the taxi from Shkoder to the border at Hani i Hotit and working from there. Is this still the most feasible option?
      I'm not too pushed about going directly to Podgorica if i can continue onwards towards Niksic
      Thanks everyone
      DG

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Mosques in Shkoder city centre

by HORSCHECK Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 2:40 AM

Hello Everybody,

In September we have spent a few days in Shkoder. As I am currently trying to build a Shkoder page here on VT, I am doing some research on teh sights which doesn't seem to be as easy as expected.

The large and most popular Mosque in the city centre seems to be the Al-Zamil Mosque (Ebu-Bekr Mosque) at the street Rr. 13 Dhjetori. I found some info about this mosque on the internet.

But there is a second large mosque in the city centre at the square Sheshi Parruce. I must admit that I can't find any information about this mosque. It looks like it is even newer than the Al-Zamil Mosque.

Does anyone have any reliable info about this mosque?

Thanks a lot for your help

HORSCHECK

• Shkoder to Ulcinj by bus

by olivierjmarie Online Now May 10, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Traveling from Albania to Montenegro by bus, does anyone know where to find how many buses run every day, times of departure and approximate trip duration?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    • Pau365's Profile Photo

Podgorica-Shkodra transport

by Pau365 Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have any up-to-date information on travelling from Podgorica to Shkodra (it would be in summer). Is there still no bus or train connection? Are they thinking of creating one?

Do buses (or trains) exist from Podgorica to the border and from the border to Shkodra, even if there's no through bus?

Thanks!!!

2 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    • Road Kukes-Shkoder

by Spoerle Online Now Nov 1, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Is it possible to go with a 12 meter bus from Kukes to Shkoder via Fushe Ares and Puke? in September/october

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 2, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    • Road from prizren to Shkoder

by Marijana Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I am planning to go in Croatia from Skopje.Last year i've also been in Croatia and i travel from skopje to durres than to shkoder and ulcinj, and the road was very good. But i think that if i travel from skopje to prizren than kukes and than shkoder is more quickly, and i want to know if the road is good, is it a mountain road, is it fool with turnings?
      Thank you

2 Answers Jul 12, 2009 at 11:53 PM
    • Transport from Prizren to Shkoder

by klehland Online Now May 23, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I posted this question in the Prizren forum, but decided to repeat it here in the Shkoder forum:

I will be in Macedonia with my son about two weeks from now. From Skopje we are planning to take a bus to Prizren. From Pirizren we want to continue to Kukes and Shkodra. Are there busses we could take, or would we have to take a taxi or hire a car with a driver? Are Prizren taxis allowed to take passengers to Kukes, or would we have to take one taxi to the border and another from the border to Kukes? I would be very happy if a fellow traveller or someone living in the region can help me with information about this. Thank you!

• sotis's Profile Photo

trying to find my way in balkans

by sotis Online Now Mar 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Hello everybody! This is the first time i use virtualtourist.com, so i wish there is somebody to give me the advice i need. What I'm up to is a trip from Larissa,Greece to Dubrovnik,Croatia. I have found most bus links, but not yet anything referring to the route between Shkoder,Albania and Podgoritsa,Montenegro. Does anyone know something about this? And secondly, I think there are regular bus routes from Podgoritsa to Hergec Novi or Dubrovnik, but i haven't find some schedule in the net.

any information is most welcomed,
      thanking in advance,
      sotis

7 Answers Apr 4, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    • pure1942's Profile Photo

Bus or taxi from Ulcinj to Shkoder

by pure1942 Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Hi,
      Looking for any info on the buses from Ulcinj in Montenegro to Shkoder in Albania. Been looking for up to date timetables and can't find any. Anybody have info on times and where to get the bus from? Do the buses go all the way to Shkoder or do I have to change buses at the border?

What would a taxi cost all the way to Shkoder?
      Thanks
      Brian

4 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    • JoeReaney's Profile Photo

Getting to the North

by JoeReaney Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been hearing a lot about the Lake Komani ferry leaving from Shkoder and I'm very keen to fit it into my trip (though I have limited time). I know I can get a bus from Tirana to Shkoder but from there I don't know anything more. I want to get to Prizren/Pristina in Kosovo after so I need to know if there is any available transport from the North to there. If not (and I have to come back to Tirana to catch a bus to Pristina) it would be good to know how often the Komani ferry runs so I can plan when to go and when to return!

Thanks!

4 Answers May 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM
    • Car Hire in Shkoder

by Jamesfrankcom Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 6:51 AM

I am flying to Tiranë and intending to hire a car to drive to Shkodër. I would then leave the car in Shkodër. Is this possible? Does anyone know of any car hire firm with an office in both Tiranë and Shkodër?? This is necessary because I want the time to explore Krujë on the way north from Tiranë and car hire seems the only option...please help! I am travelling to Tiranë on 1st September and would require the car for two or three days. I can be emailed directly at jfrankcom@btinternet.com

2 Answers Apr 23, 2007 at 4:30 PM
    • who is the owner?

by pink626diamond Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 11:18 AM

who is the owner of that holet rozafa 1988??? it had a pix i just wanted to knoe who owns it?

• Universe876's Profile Photo

Transport in Northern Albania (Shkoder/Theth/Varmoshi/Tropoja/Fierza...)

by Universe876 Online Now Jun 27, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Hello!

First of all thanks for the previous replies!

We are looking for some extra info about the transportation/paths/roads or any other info with regards to small villages and places in: Northern Albania, Montenegro and Macedonia. Me and my friend Jiři will be there between the 15th and the 30th of July.

In Albania, from Shkoder and through intermediate stops, we would like to reach: Vermosh, Rraphe, Paplukut Mountain, Jezerces Mountain, Ragam, Dragobi, Shohan, Rupes Mountain, Markofces Mountain, Tropoje, Peshkopi, Lura e Vjeter, Merkuth, Klos, Qafa e Shtylles and Dajt.

In Macedonia we would like to visit Mavrovsko Ezero. We also would like to know which is the place place to cross the border between Albania and Macedonia.

Finally on our way to/from Albania we would eventually make a stop to see: Skadarsko jezero, V. Ostros, Livari and Murici.

Thanks a lot!

Franco & Jiři

2 Answers Jul 17, 2006 at 5:40 AM
    • namche's Profile Photo

Theth transport

by namche Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 2:27 PM

Hi,

I plan to visit Albania for 10 days in July. I'll have around 3 whole days to spend around Shkoder and I was wondering if I were able to travel to Theth in the North Albanian Mts. to enjoy a day of hiking and see the famous wild landscapes...

I've read that it's rather hard to get to Theth. I am wondering whether I'll be able to hitchhike from Koplik. Is there ANY connection with Theth? Is hitchhiking common in Albania?

If not, will I be able to rent a jeep in Shkoder and how much will it cost for ~3 days?

Any comments/advice?

Thanks in advance for help!
      Radek

1 Answer Jun 20, 2006 at 4:01 AM
    • Universe876's Profile Photo

Trip to Shkoder

by Universe876 Online Now Jun 10, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Hello everybody!

Me and my friend Jiri are planning a visit to Shkodra between the 15th and 30th of July. Even if we already visited several pages on the net and we even bought a Guide book, we are still lacking a few essential info like:

*Timetable and transportation between Montenegro (Podgorica or Bar or Ulcinj)and Shkoder

*Availability of camping sites in Shkodra and surroundings

*Which is the best point of the border between Montenegro and Albania that we should use to get to Shkoder

Any info about these topics or other tips would be more than welcome.

Franco & Jiri

2 Answers Jul 1, 2006 at 4:46 AM
    • Side trip to Shkodra from Ulcinj, Montenegro

by marionaoki23 Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 4:31 AM

Dear all,

I am planning to do a short side trip with rented car to Shkodra, from Montenegro. Could you tell me how the roads are, the security situation on the road, what do I have to pay to enter Albania and are there extra fees for car insurance? How safe is it to park a car in Shkodra (it has Slovakian number plate).
      Cheers

2 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 5:25 PM
    • gaevivo's Profile Photo

Durres_Shkoder: HOW?

by gaevivo Online Now Jun 26, 2005 at 7:55 AM

Dear Friends
      I will have to go from Durres to Shkoder. Can anyone advice me on how to do that 5bus? train?°

Thank you in advance!
      gaetano

2 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 6:14 AM