Shirleys Bay

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car trip to Whistler, Jasper Banff etc

Vancouver 1 hours ago

I am contemplating doing a car trip from Vancouver, stopping overnight at Whistler,Kamloops,Jasper, Lake Loiuse, Banff before finishing at Calgary where I will then fly on to Montreal and Quebec.
      What would be enough nights at Whistler,Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff. I would definitely only be staying 1 night at Kamloops and Calgary. Would I only need 1 night at Banff, Whistler or Jasper. We are seniors and basically want to look at scenery and towns. No bush walks etc.

more
    • Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia Dec 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

more
    • Quebec City in late December

Quebec Dec 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Any tips on fun things to do in Quebec City in late December?

Our group is 3 adults and a 5 year old.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

more
    • Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • ThisWorldAndI's Profile Photo

Vancouver - view from the tallest building

Vancouver Yesterday

My dad is visiting Vancouver and he has been asking me if it would be possible to view the city from some of the tallest buildings in Vancouver Downtown.
      Would someone by any chance know if this is possible and how is one supposed to go about it?

Thanks.

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • Roadtrip renting a minivan with 2 + mattress in the back

Canada 20 hours ago

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are planning a roadtrip from 13 july untill the 3rd of august. The trip would start in vancouver going to jasper-banff-glacier-yellowstone-and back to vancouver. We have endlessly been looking for a low budget campervan for 2 persons. So far the only thing coming close to what we are looking for the is the campervans wicked is renting out, but actually those are still a bit expensive for us.

So we recently got this crazy idea to rent a minivan like a chrysler town & country or a Dodge Grand Caravan and just dump a double mattress in the back of the car. This way we should be able to save over 1300$.

So i was wondering if you guys think this is a good idea or not? For example do you think it is doable to just stand on a parking lot somewhere or on the side of the road and sleep there ? We would like to be completely 'free' and just drive and see where we end up not always having to look for a campsite every night.

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more