Shirdi Travel Answers

change location
vpas's Profile Photo

any suggestions on places near shirdi that could be covered in a day?

by vpas Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Trying to plan a possible visit to Shirdi in a few weeks time. I would be arriving Thursday and leaving on Satuday. We propose to have darshan on thursday. I wish to go to Shani shingapur. would it be possible to go on thursday itself after darshan?If not what could we do on thursday after darshan and we have friday whole day to visit places as well. On saturday our train departs at 5 pm.
Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thank you,

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Re: any suggestions on places near shirdi that could be covered in a day?

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Why not Ajanta/Ellora (again)???

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Hello Anilji,
    How are you? I would love to go, but it might become tedious. My 60 years plus aunt and uncle(who are no doubt quite fit) would be with me too. I was told that it wld be tedious to do in one day.
    how long would it take from shirdi to ajanta/ellora? please let me know. I have never been there and always wanted to go.

• anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM

It is not tiring at all. Take an SUV like an Innova or a Scorpio. The road is good. Journey time is 2.5 hours one way. Do either Ajanta or Ellora only.

My review for Shridhi is here:

"For the religious-minded - Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir" - Aurangabad Things to Do Tip by anilpradhanshillong

• Re: any suggestions on places near shirdi that could be covered in a day?

by tatawat Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Bhimashankar Temple is a Jyotirlinga shrine located 50 km northwest of Khed, near Pune, in India. It is located 127 km from Shivaji Nagar in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills

• vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Thank you all. We have decided to do Shani shingapur and triyambakeshwar. so on the first day we will get to see shirdi and the next day go to triambakeshwar and on the last day since our train is only at 5, we will do Shani shingapur. Does this seem to be a good plan?

• Re: any suggestions on places near shirdi that could be covered in a day?

by SaiRamesh Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 2:59 AM

There are many other holy places in shirdi. it is no possible to cover all the places, bcoz some of the visiting places are far away from shirdi. if u want to know all the visiting places near shirdi just click below link, shrisainivas.com/tourist-att...

i recomend you to stay in  ShriSainivas,which is nice hotel in shirdi offering comfortable stay with reasonable tariffs

for tariff details https://shrisainivas.com/tariff.jsp and for booking room shrisainivas.com/online-room...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines