imaturnip's Profile Photo

sight seeing near Shiraz

by imaturnip Online Now Aug 11, 2004 at 11:39 PM

What is there to see in Shiraz, and what is the weather like in October

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: sight seeing near Shiraz

by global_explorer Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 11:39 AM

Hello. There is things to see in Siraz, and an easy trip away from the city are the wounderfull ruins of Persepolis. I was there not so long ago and have written (no photos yet) a little about it on my shirazpage. Cheers. Global_explorer

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • toomaj's Profile Photo

Re: sight seeing near Shiraz

by toomaj Online Now Sep 11, 2004 at 3:14 PM

there are tombs of some great poems-like HAFEZ- & thereare also ancient scenes dating back to 2500 years near shiraz. & also ancient & traditional BAZARs. & the wether would be really nice in october since shiraz is at the south of iran.

1 member found this helpful

• iwys's Profile Photo

by iwys Online Now Dec 2, 2004 at 9:01 AM

Bagh-e Eram (Garden of Paradise), Vakil Mosque, Shohada Mosque, Vakil Bazaar, the tombs of the poets, Hafez and Sa'di. 57km away is the ancient capital of Persepolis: one of the greatest archaeological sites in the world. Shiraz has an almost Medterranean climate, so it will be similar to Italy or Spain in October. If you don't know much about Persepolis, take a look at my site: I've got loads of pictures and information about the place, and also, Shiraz.

1 member found this helpful

• pordel's Profile Photo

by pordel Online Now Sep 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Shiraz, My hometown, is nice in october. the weather is good(a litter cold), actually schools open in 23th september and the city is more crowded than the other days.
    In fact, early in Apral and end of the March is the best month for travel to iran, because It's a new year in 20th march. anyway, if you want to travel to shiraz, you can send me an E-mail. I can help you.

• enigma7's Profile Photo

by enigma7 Online Now Nov 21, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines