Ship Island Travel Answers

change location

Is Ship Island worth the visit?

by lisahs Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 9:55 AM

Some say its boring hot and miserable. Others say its interesting. Any opinions?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Is Ship Island worth the visit?

by Davi99d Online Now Jun 16, 2005 at 4:21 AM

Ship Island is a national treasurer. If you are looking for total non-commercialization, non-development, a natural beach/ocean setting, this place is for you. The island is about 4-5 miles if you walk all the way around. The National Park Service (or one of their authorized concession operators) runs a small concession stand (soft drinks, beer, limited food, and basic beach stuff) and there are nice bathrooms and showers. There are also beach chairs and umbrellas available for rent.

Those seeking an all over tan can walk about 1/2 mile to the East and find pretty much total seclusion.

Highly recommend you check out Ship Island.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Is Ship Island worth the visit?

by SPEEDY1981 Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 2:36 AM

I HAVE SEEN THE ENTIRE EAST COAST FROM KEY WEST TO BOOTH BAY,ME AND SHIP'S ISLAND IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE I HAVE BEEN. IT'S #1 IN MY BOOK AND I TELL EVERYONE THAT. I GUESS IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SAND, SUN, WATER, OR CHILLING THAN THE PLACE COULD BE BORRING. IF YOU DO LIKE GOING TO THE BEACH THAN IT'S THE PLACE FOR YOU.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ship Island