Shinjuku Travel Answers

change location

Toyoko Inn

by hodruss Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Toyoko Inn (Kabuki-cho)? The room rates seem great. Want to be sure we are not in an unsafe area however. Any information on the hotel and the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • olddude's Profile Photo

RE: Toyoko Inn

by olddude Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 9:00 PM

What do you consider unsafe? It is Tokyo, Japan! Except for maybe some parts of Ropponggi or Chiba, you won't come into contact with anything even bordering on "unsafe" as a foreigner. Just be aware like you would in any big city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aukahkay's Profile Photo

by aukahkay Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 6:44 AM

Kabuki-cho is the red light district of Tokyo. Rooms in the Kabuki-cho area cost as little as Y6000 per night which is very cheap for central Tokyo standards. But I do not recommend that you stay in Kabuki-cho because there are hookers and pimps everywhere. Most of the hookers are from China - I recognise their accent. There are other nicer hotels in the Nihonbashi area which is a better area.

• Norasuz5's Profile Photo

by Norasuz5 Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 3:06 AM

As aukahkay said, Kabuki-cho is the red light zone. I don't want to walk in this area in the night.
    But this inn is quite near to Korea Town. Please use Shin-Okubo station (JR Yamanote line) or Higashi Shinjuku station (O-Edo subway line) without crossing the dangerous zone.
    toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00078...
    yakinikutengoku.com/map_shin...
    The latter is written in Japanese but you can see many Korean restaurants (red circles).

Regards

Regards

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines