change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• vinod-bhojak's Profile Photo

Toy train time table

by vinod-bhojak Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Next month I am going to visit Shimla with my frineds. Can someone tell me time table of toy train from Kalka to Shimla. how may hours it take from Kalka?

7 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • glendesilva's Profile Photo

Advice what to do for 2days in Shimla

by glendesilva Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Hi, me and my wife and my friend and his (4 of us) plan to fly to Shimla on the 10th of FEB, whats the weatehr?? and we plan to drive or take a cab back to delhi on 11th evening,.. and see some sights on the way...

wat are ur suggestions for our short stay??we arive in shimla aiport at 10am.. how long to the city?? and where should we go for the rest of the day? we like to explore some nature and hills if time permits or some cultura sites.. during the day.. and following morning hours.

how long is the drive back to Delhi?? and how much roughly would it cost..

thanks..

5 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • Shimla in 1st week of June, 2011

by pradeepkr14 Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Hi,
      I will be visiting Shimla, Manali and Dharmasala in the 1st week of June for 10/12 days for my honeymoon. Can anyone please suggest how should I plan my trip? What are the must-sees in these places? How to travel in and around these places without burning a hole in your pocket? Good safe hotel/cottage options in the range of Rs 1000-1500.

Thanks a ton in advance.

5 Answers Aug 30, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    • ec7843's Profile Photo

Things do to

by ec7843 Online Now Sep 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Hi..

I'll be going to Shima 9-10 Oct 2010. I am wondering what is the weather condition over there and the "must see" place. would like to meet up with VT members over there too.

4 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • What is temperature at end of this month i.e. feb 2008

by linesh5 Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 7:49 PM

I am planning to come shimla in least week of this month. can you tell me what is the temperature / weather condition during that period. I am moving from pune on 26-02-2008. Also please suggest what type of warm cloths are needed during this.

• shimla weather

by musaphir Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 11:10 PM

what type of weather can be expected in the latter half of april this year and what are the suitable activities available other than trekking?

any outstanding suisine or restaurants?
      musaphir

• toshali royal resort

by musaphir Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 11:08 PM

does any member have any experience of this hotel as a place of accommodation and locality with a view to day trip around the region.

is there any public transportation to shimla town. please indicate the frequency and normal travel time.

any must try cuisine or visit areas?
      musaphir

4 Answers Jan 25, 2008 at 8:56 PM
    • jain012's Profile Photo

shimla

by jain012 Online Now Dec 29, 2007 at 12:55 AM

hi vt members
      is there any vt member living in shimla parmanently i want to talk to him pls tell me

2 Answers Dec 29, 2007 at 9:26 PM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

Temperature and Kalka Railway Station

by anitayusof Online Now Oct 20, 2007 at 12:31 AM

Hello,
      Can anyone tell me what will the temperature be in Shimla during day and night time by mid December ? What time will it gets dark ?
      I'm taking the afternoon toy train from Shimla, arriving Kalka at 20.10pm. The connecting train to Delhi departs at 23:45pm. Can anyone suggest me what must I do during the almost 4 hours waiting ? Is there a waiting lounge at Kalka Railway station or I will be frozed to death ? TQ.

3 Answers Dec 19, 2007 at 12:21 AM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

TRAVEL TO SHIMLA

by anitayusof Online Now May 11, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Hello there,
      I need some help. I'm going to India 1st or 2nd week of Dec. I'm flying from Kuala Lumpur to Delhi. Plan to take a local sightseeing tour in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Then, I would like to go to Shimla. My questions are :
      1. Since I'm a budget traveller, I'm taking the cheaper bus - ISBT, not the luxury HRTC. Is this the bus that referred as always crowded and never on time ? Hope not. Do you know how much is the fare from Delhi to Shimla, and also the bus timetable ? How long is the journey ?
      2. I'm thinking of getting to Shimla by bus and back to Delhi by train, to get more taste on India transportation. How do I get the train (toytrain?), how much is the fare and do you know the timetable ?
      3. I want to go skiing at Kufri, for the 1st time in my life. Will it already snowing at the time I arrived there ? Where can I rent ski equipments and any idea of the rate ?
      4. I understand that I can take a bus up to Kufri from Shimla. How frequent is this bus ?
      5. Which is the nearest backpacker hostel to Shimla bus station ?
      I'm sorry if I asked too many questions, and most on expenses, because I travel on a shoestring budget. Hee...hee...Thanks.

Anita Yusof
      MAIL ME AT anitayusof00@yahoo.com

11 Answers May 16, 2007 at 1:03 AM
    • vivek_gowda's Profile Photo

Travell luggage

by vivek_gowda Online Now Dec 6, 2005 at 4:02 AM

Hi friends can u ppl please tell the attractive places to visit in simla n whats are the necessary things to take with me,as iam going there first time in january.

2 Answers Aug 26, 2006 at 12:40 PM
    • places to see in shimla & dehradun

by rahul1323 Online Now Oct 15, 2005 at 6:09 AM

hi! me& some of my classmates are planning to visit Shimla and dehradun this january.we would like to know abt the spots to visit in both places.we would be in shimla for a day and a half.in dehradun one day. thanks.

4 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 11:35 PM
    • Do you know KK?

by veh Online Now Jun 12, 2005 at 4:52 AM

We want to return to Himachal Pradesh. Last time we were there we met a wonderful tour guide, based we think in Shimla, called KK. (Kay Kay, Ke Ke???). He helped us out of a fix in the Spiti region, on the way to Nako. We would love to contact him again. Can anyone help with information?
      thanks Vi