Sherman Oaks Travel Answers

change location

How to get around Sherman Oaks without a car?

by mqhopewell Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Hi,

I haven't got a car and not intending to drive around in Sherman Oaks (in England we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm not that confident driving on the right-side).

I'm now in Sherman Oaks until 20th March 2010... what's the best way to get around Sherman Oaks and to get to Hollywood?

Any help is appreciated,

Michael

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: How to get around Sherman Oaks without a car?

by bocmaxima Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM

No car in LA? That's crazy!
    No, but especially in the Valley. Wow...

If you go north for a couple of miles to Van Nuys, you'll find the Orange Line. That'll take you right to North Hollywood quickly (it has its own right-of-way) where you can catch the subway (Red Line) to get to Hollywood. Why go to Hollywood though?
    There are surface street buses that'll get you over there also, one way or another, but because you're going across the mountains and are already fairly far out in Sherman Oaks, it'll likely take you a pretty long time.
    http://www.metro.net/

Good luck with that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM

The Metro bus and Metro rail red line will do the trick. Check out the schedule and stops for which bus line number, Metro local line 150 or Metro Rapid 750 to use to get you to the North Hollywood Station for the Rail Red Line that will take you into Hollywood. Go to the website for Metro and look for the M Trip Planner on the right side middle of the home page for Metro. Put in your "from" (Sherman Oaks)and your "to" (Hollywood, as an example). Enter the "Day and Time" and then click on "Plan my Trip". That easy to find the bus line, rail line and streets with stops for each line. Good Luck in car crazy LA. The Metro web site: http://www.mta.net/

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Colin, Sorry about the duplicate website answer. Didn't see your reply before writing mind. Your reply, "Crazy" not having a car in LA, and my reply, driving in LA is "Crazy", ergo; "everyone in LA is crazy". I live in LA County so that makes me crazy too. lol

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines