Shenandoah National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hotels close to Shenandoah National Park

by pennyhodges Online Now Jun 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM

We are spending several days driving from Washington D.C. to Chapel Hill, NC via Skyline Drive in Virginia in the fall. What nice hotels should we stay in along the way?

1 Answer Jun 16, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    • Internal tours

by luciofonseca Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Are there guided internal tours available at the park, by van or car with driver (I don't drive myself). Tks.

5 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Arrival Times

by mathompson03 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 10:22 AM

My friends and I (10 of us total) are planning to visit July 4 weekend and are concerned about sites filling up very quickly. We've called and all reserved sties are full so we'll be gambling the "first-come-first-served" bookings. Any suggestions on how early we should arrive Friday morning to snag 3 sites?

Locations we're interested in: Big Meadows, Matthews Arm, and Loft and Lewis Mtn Campgrounds

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • horse back ridding

by waldenpond Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I don't know much about horse back ridding but i have been on a trail 2 times with someone who knows what they are doing is there anything like that at shenandoah?

3 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    • Ruchei's Profile Photo

Organic Farm or Nice Restaurant around?

by Ruchei Online Now May 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Hi, I am trying to do a day trip to the Shenandoah area and would like to combine it with a visit to an organic farm or a restaurant that uses local produce. Any ideas?

Thank you!

3 Answers May 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    • kmoody's Profile Photo

Skyline Drive vs. Going to the Sun Road

by kmoody Online Now May 23, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Can anyone compare these two drives? I am taking a 31 foot RV onto Skyline Drive and I know I don't want to drive anything like Going to the Sun Road in Glacier.

3 Answers May 16, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    • Wine Glasses from Shenandoah National Park

by cfriedlander Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 6:14 PM

We camped at Big Meadows Campground this summer and bought 2 wine glasses from the gift shop there. We had a great time and the glasses hold memories. Unfortunately, one of the glasses broke. How could we get another one (or two)? Please let me know.
      Thanks, Chris Friedlander

3 Answers Jan 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM
    • Need Advice!

by lsuchamp Online Now Jan 19, 2004 at 9:28 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Shenandoah in April of this year. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend while we are there and am looking for a romantic spot that won't necessarily be that busy. A waterfall that is nice but not as popular would be ideal, but any help or advice would be appreciated... Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 7:31 AM