Shenandoah National Park Travel Answers

change location
Ruchei's Profile Photo

Organic Farm or Nice Restaurant around?

by Ruchei Online Now May 12, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Hi, I am trying to do a day trip to the Shenandoah area and would like to combine it with a visit to an organic farm or a restaurant that uses local produce. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • zanzooni's Profile Photo

Re: Organic Farm or Nice Restaurant around?

by zanzooni Online Now May 16, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Hi! I just did a day trip up to the Shenandoah last week. Off of the tip of my head, the only organic farm I know of is near Staunton, which is part of the Shenandoah Valley. Here is their link: www.polyfacefarms.com It will tell you all about their business, and give you directions to the farm. They also have links on their site to restaurants that use their food. You can take the drive through the mountains and head off to Staunton, or Charlottesville. Virginia Green Grocer is in Warrenton, which is on the way to Shenandoah. Not sure which path you will be following to get there. Hope this helps!...:}

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ruchei's Profile Photo

by Ruchei Online Now May 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Thank you! It seems to be the only place then...

• zanzooni's Profile Photo

by zanzooni Online Now May 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Well, if you do a google search for organic farms virginia, you'll get an idea of what's out here. Dave Mathews owns a farm/vineyard down in Charlottesville called "Blenheim". You could do a wine tasting for5.00 there. I hear tell his mother runs the place. You can pick up RT.64 at the south end of the park, and take it over to Charlottesville. The vineyard is 20 minutes SE of Charlottesville. Hope this helps...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines